+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruling Egypt

I checked back on which cleasing ritual I have planned for this round.

Here's what I'll do. I'll PM it to each of you. Whoever has the shortest amount of time between opening the PM and PMing me with what I require for the ritual will win.

I'll PM it sometime during the day on Monday, but it will be due by 10pm. Whoever successfully completes the ritual challenge most quickly will be cleansed. Fail to complete it by 10pm, and you will not be cleansed.

As always, tie goes to the Pharaoh, and if nobody successfully completes the ritual challenge, the Pharaoh wins.

I will shortly be PMing the four participants with the information regarding the cleansing ritual.

Keep in mind that you have until 10pm to complete this rather thought-provoking ritual challenge. However, the winner will be the one who correctly completes the challenge with the shortest amount of time elapsed between opening the PM and PMing me the correct response.

Note: This is the post I'm referring to in the title of the PM "Read my post at Ruling Egypt FIRST", and you may begin.

Best of luck to Pharaoh Fanatic and the cursed!

Edited to add: I will post the challenge in the thread late tonight or tomorrow, after the ritual has ended, in order that the uncursed commoners may see what the challenge was.
    Last edited by Healblade; 10-18-2004 at 02:00 PM.

Late into the night, 4 stars begin shining brightly, lighting the tops of the heads of the Pharaoh and cursed.

Not long thereafter, a dimness falls on the heads of Pharaoh Fanatic and DFleming2, and the stars fade.

Several minutes later, the light above Survivorgirl shifts to Bored, granting a great cleansing power.

Boredom has thusly been cleansed.

DFleming and SurvivorGirl remain cursed. All uncursed commoners (including Bored) must now vote for the next Pharaoh, choosing either SurvivorGirl or DFleming.

Voting will open at 6pm tomorrow, and end at 6pm Thursday.... Eastern Times of course.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Oh yeah; I forgot to gloat about winning the challenge.

*gloats*

Ok, good that's over with... now then, I've voted and gloated... I think I'm ready for the results tomorrow

Hmm... Only 5 people voted on time.

I received late votes from Kai and Lotuslander, and have received no votes from Haejin and PSi.

So, here's what I'll do. A new voting period is now extend until Saturday at noon Eastern. During this time:
    (1) I'd suggest Haejin and PSi PM me a vote.
    (2) All participants (dead, alive, cursed, Pharaoh, everybody) have the option to post a vote in the thread whether to: (i) Accept the extended voting period and proceed from there, or (ii) Proceed with just the 5 on-time votes and the penalty for not voting for Kai, Lotuslander, Haejin, and PSi.

In case of tie, ... wait, I never told you what we do in case of tie. It'll be the same as in the case of tie for votes for Pharaoh.

I have no problem with the extended time.

FORT Fogey
    Ok... I am not the kind of person who likes to be left hanging... There was a clear deadline set - a deadline that is important in order to keep the game running smoothly, and to prevent the game from dying out, as many games have in the past... This is a great game, but I would like to just move on with the 5 votes that came in.

But, if we're going to have to wait until Saturday before we can move on anyway in order to get these votes on whether to accept the votes, then we may as well accept them... my concern is only with keeping the speed of the game going, and I want to find out if I'm Pharaoh or not, cause I hate this

PSi
    im certain i voted in this round...but if it didn't come in, i can accpet it.

I have no problem with the extended time either.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Hmm... personally, I think that they did have 48 hours to vote in... I can understand if the vote was turned in before time, but I don't think that it should be allowed if they vote too late or didn't vote at all.

In other words, no Sorry guys. I don't mean any wrong, it's just that I don't think that extra time should be awarded, simply because it holds the game up.

+ Reply to Thread