+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor - Bored Style: Strikes Back

I started my Opening Statement earlier today, but had to go to play practice before I could finish it. I made sure I got online tonight just so I could get this out of the way:

I have to say I'm somewhat surprised to have made the Final 2. There have been games where I've gone all-out on strategy and this and that and just barely made the jury. This game, I wanted to be a bit more cuatious, and I guess it helped. I didn't even want to seek out potential allies too early, but I was approached early on by a couple people and I accepted, and that alliance has made all the difference. Some would say, and have said, that I went UTR. I guess I didn't make myself known as a threat, but to me, that's just stupid to do. If you actually want to win, you can't go around telling everyone you've got it in the bag, because then that's just more of an incentive for people to vote you off. I did what I had to do strategically to get here, but I didn't do so publically because that's just strategic suicide. So, please, bring any misconception to the table and let me clear it all up for you. I'll be completely forthright and honest with all of my responses. I owe you all at least that much.
    Last edited by colby_d; 10-11-2004 at 09:54 PM.

Let the questions begin!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Ok... I will open question-asking time up... NOW. This will continue until Thursday at 10 pm. Ok, y'all? Y'all may start asking questions... NOW.

I have more statements than questions.

Colby - You say showing that you are a strong player is a bad strategic move, but then you also say you never do it and you have been booted early. So wouldn't being seen as a strong player be a good strategy? The UTR strategy is the least respected of them all, you don't do anything but hide under a log and wait for all the good players to go after each other. Then once the smart players are gone the UTR ones crawl out and decide to play then. In the final 4 I was the strongest player going against 3 useless UTR players, I didn't even try to talk strategy or plan anything out with you. I knew where I stood and decided to just let it happen.

AI - I think you are the stronger of the two and that is not saying much at all. You barely did anything either. I think I saw you sleeping through most of it in a tree so no one would see you. I don't know if you could say you had strategy if you didn't have to do anything but make sure you dodged every single conflict. If Colby and you truly believe you belong there, you are both very delusional. I would pick any person over you two, except Maker, to be sitting there. The only reason I can see to vote for you is because you won the final HOH and had to make one hard decision through out the whole game. But then again winning an HOH over Colby and Haej is not a huge feat.

With all that said, where is that damn cat strolling in so I can vote for it.

FORT Fogey
    Ok... just to give one more strategical analysis of colby's opening statement... overall it was decent, of course, he threw away any chance of winning clipse's vote, and may have given too much information for an opening statement, but overall it was ok...

Now, onto my question, which is for both of you....

Discuss your strategies throughout this game. Be specific as possible. The more specific, the more likely you will be to get my vote. Specifically, I would like to know what strategic decisions you made on your own, or what strategic decisions you actually initiated.

As you both probably know I was cheering for you two to go to the final two once I got screwed over by bored's purple rock, so this question may be the determining factor with regards to who my vote goes to... think very carefully, and present a well-thought out answer. I expect 2 pages double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font, written in MLA style.

(Alright, Just kidding, but the answer better be good!)

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    You say showing that you are a strong player is a bad strategic move, but then you also say you never do it and you have been booted early. So wouldn't being seen as a strong player be a good strategy? The UTR strategy is the least respected of them all, you don't do anything but hide under a log and wait for all the good players to go after each other. Then once the smart players are gone the UTR ones crawl out and decide to play then. In the final 4 I was the strongest player going against 3 useless UTR players, I didn't even try to talk strategy or plan anything out with you. I knew where I stood and decided to just let it happen.
    Yes, I did say that it was a bad move to try and present yourself as a threat and make it known how much you're playing the game. But, you must have misread my other point. I said that I have gone "all-out" before, meaning playing as hard as possible in order to win, and playing my best end game and all of that, and got 7th or 8th. UTR (which came from the show) was referred to as someone who sat back and went with the majority, someone who didn't really play a strategy of their own, but went with the crowd so as not to stand out. Clipse, if you've known for a while that AI and I were alligned, that wasn't a very good UTR move on my part, was it? All I'm saying and what I've been saying is that, I was not just a bump on a log this whole game. I did consult with my allies and make decisions based on my strategy. You, not being an ally, weren't privy to that, but why should you be? In a game of outwitting someone, I don't want any of you to know where I stand on everything. I've always said whoever wins deserved to win because they played the best game. They were one of two to make it to the end and managed to get a majority of the votes from the jury. That's an accomplishment, regardless of how they got there. Clipse, thanks for your support, and I hope I can count on your vote.

So... AIWANNABE and Colby still don't seem to be theirselves... are you guys twins? Seriously...

I guess maybe we should all play into your little game, be the little jury members for your little game that you so high-and-mightily the two of you have won... I guess we should just be thankful to have played, after that "PM me to get in" sign up method.

We have until Thursday at 10pm to state our questions, right? Yeah... I want mine to be nice and thorough, so I'll let everyone else ask theirs first. Especially since I was *gasp*... the first one out.

ETA: This wasn't my question thing to the jury... I'll be quiet now, so as not to confuse the Final Two. You don't have to respond to this.

Quote Originally Posted by dflem
    Discuss your strategies throughout this game. Be specific as possible. The more specific, the more likely you will be to get my vote. Specifically, I would like to know what strategic decisions you made on your own, or what strategic decisions you actually initiated.
    The game started for me when my then 'arch rival,' Dflem, from Bored's Big Brother game approached me for an alliance. I personally thought this was a great move, because hopfully people would see how much we didn't like each other in Bored's BB game and would not think that we had an alliance.

I knew an alliance of 2 wouldn't be that strong so Dflem secured Maker's vote and I secured Colby's. I knew I could trust Colby because of previous alliances in other games. The tribes were then selected and Dflem, Colby, and myself were on one tribe of five giving ourselves the advantage.

My stradegy for the immunities was to win, and our tribe did just that. We won, I believe, every single one of them. When it came to vote out time, it was between Fan or Clipse. Clipse we knew we could get rid of later, so we voted off Fanatic.

The next vote-off was when the tribes merged, and the obvious choice was Silverstar because she is such a huge threat.

Lalol was the next to be kicked off for the fact that he to was a threat and possibly had an alliance with Clipse.

Once Dflem was out, and it was Maker, Colby, Haejin, Clipse, and myself, we still had the advantage. Maker was out for not partipating and it was down to Haejin, Clipse, Colby, and myself.

Myself and Colby were going to vote for Clipse, because we figured Haejin would be easier to beat in the final 3. I had to make sure that Haejin wasn't voting with Clipse so I told Haejin this:

Quote Originally Posted by AIW
    Colby & I are going to be voting for Clipse. You can vote with Clipse and vote for either myself or Colby but you will make a tie. And you could be voted out, you know Bored's twists. On the other hand, Clipse can be voted out, and you would have enemies in me and Colby. If you vote with Colby & I, not only do you make the final 3, but you havn't made an enemy.
    Haejin obviously decided to vote with us and we made the final 3. Once there I had to win the final challenge to secure my safety which I did after 2hr+.

I decided to keep Colby to stay true to my word and thats how I am here.

Hope that answered your question Dflem!

FORT Fogey
    So if you were to say one thing that you took initiative in in your strategy, that would be getting haej to vote with you?

Mmm hmm. My question for both of you is very simple: sum up the way you played the game in one sentence.
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread