+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race -- The Interactive Game!!!

The Amazing Race -- The Interactive Game!!!

Welcome to The Amazing Race Interactive Game!!! This is a game created by me to make watching AR even more fun!!! To sign up, just reply to this message and select five teams and hope that they do very well!!! Your team selections must follow this criteria:

Select 3 of the following co-ed teams:
    Alison/Donny
    Bob/Joyce
    Brandon/Nicole
    Colin/Christie
    Chip/Kim
    Dennis/Erika
    Jim/Marsha

Select 2 of the following all male/female teams:
    Charla/Mirna
    Kami/Karli
    Linda/Karen
    Marshall/Lance

Your initial selection is NOT set in stone. You will have opportunities during the game to change your teams!!!

Ok now, the rules!!!! Well, for the most part after you select your teams all there is left to do is to watch AR!!!

SCORING

You will be scored based on how well your teams do that week.

If one of your teams uses their Fast Forward, you will recieve 500 points.

If one of your teams comes in first place, you will score 500 points. If there is a tie for first, you will recieve 500 points for each first place team on your list.

If all of your teams survive elimination, you will recieve 1000 points!!! (Elimination Legs Only)

FINAL LEG SCORING

If your team comes in first in the final leg, you will be awarded a 2500 point bonus!!! Second & Third place finishes are awarded at 1000 points each!!! If you have two teams remaining, you will be awarded two bonuses in this way.

BONUS POINTS

You will recieve bonus points if certain criteria is met!!!

If you acquire 100% of the possible points for that leg, you will recieve a 500 point bonus for your teams doing so well that week. That means, one of your teams must come in first (if there is a tie, all teams in the tie must be yours) and all of your teams must survive elimination. If a FF is used this leg, it must be used by one of your teams. This bonus only works in elimination legs.

If at anytime during the race all is left standing are your teams, you will recieve 4500 points (final leg points for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd) plus 500 points for each leg remaining in the race (excluding the last leg) plus 500 points for each additional team you own after the third team. However, you will be eliminated from the game since there is nothing left for you to achieve. That's why you are getting your final leg points ahead of time (not to mention a hefty bonus)!!!

PENALTIES

None yet. This will be updated when AR airs!!!

Of course though, if you lose all 5 of your teams, the game is over. There is no penalty for losing all 5 teams, but you cannot score any more points!!!

CHANGING TEAMS

While are you are watching AR, you may feel that you want to include a team that is not on your list!!! Never fear, you can change your teams after episodes 1-3 air!!! When the results are posted up, just reply and tell me the new team you want and the team you want to give up. Here is the criteria for changing teams:

1. You may only change teams after episodes 1, 2, & 3 air. Once episode 4 airs, your teams are permanent.

2. You may only change one team per episode (thus a maximum of 3 changes is allowed).

3. You can only throw away a team if that team is still in the game!!! Eliminated teams you own are permanent!!!

4. You must still follow the 3 co-ed, 2 all male/female criteria when switching. So if the new team you want is a co-ed team, you must discard a co-ed team you already own.

5. For you West Coast people, you cannot make changes once the AR is airing in the East Coast!!! Thus, you cannot cheat by reading the show spoilers and then changing your teams accordingly!!! This goes for International people too!!! Once AR airs in the East Coast, no more changes are allowed!!!

That's just about it!!! Pick your five teams by replying to this message and enjoy watching AR!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

BTW, I will participate in this game too!!!

My teams are:
    Chip/Kim
    Bob/Joyce
    Jim/Marsha
    Charla/Mirna
    Kami/Karli

Start submitting your teams -- the race starts in less than a week!!!

SOUNDS LIKE FUN

Alison/Donny
    Brandon/Nicole
    Jim/Marsha

Charla/Mirna
    Marshall/Lance

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I'll try.

Jim/Marsha
    Colin/Christie
    Chip/Kim

Kami/Karli
    Marshall/Lance

heres mine

alison/donny
    chip/kim
    jim/marsha

charla/mirna
    kami/karli
    "And I told Bill, if they move my desk again I'm going to quit. 'Cause my desk used to be near the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married..." - Milton, 'Office Space'

I'm in. Thanks for throwing this together. The show is exciting enough, but it's great that we have a chance to play too.

My picks:

Kami/Karli
    Linda/Karen
    Chip/Kim
    Colin/Christine
    Dennis/Erika

For those of you who already submitted their teams, you have been registered!!! However, I will be on vacation in St. Louis until Tuesday morning. If you want to play -- there's still time to register, just submit 5 teams (using the rules) by replying to this thread and I will register you when I get back from St. Louis.

Results of Leg 1

DamonVictor, weezerx9 2000
    E-Daddy, SurvivorGirl 1000
    funnygirl422 0

There's still time to sign up if you haven't yet! To sign up just reply to this message with your 5 teams meeting this criteria:

Select 3 of the following co-ed teams:
    Alison/Donny
    Bob/Joyce
    Brandon/Nicole
    Colin/Christie
    Chip/Kim
    Jim/Marsha

Select 2 of the following all male/female teams:
    Charla/Mirna
    Kami/Karli
    Linda/Karen
    Marshall/Lance

CHANGING TEAMS

For those of you that have registered, you may now change one of your teams if you so desire. For all the details, go to the first post of this thread. Remember, if you have chosen Dennis/Erika as one of your teams, you may not discard that team!!!

NEW/MODIFIED RULES

Here are the modified rules for this game.

Rewards

500 points if one of your teams uses a yield.

1000 points if one of your teams uses a Fast Forward.

Penalties

-100 points each time one of your teams is yielded. Note that you can still get the 500 point bonus for acquiring 100% points if one of your teams get yielded.

Declaring Favorites

Do you have a favorite team? You can declare one of your teams as a favorite!!! You can only declare a team as a favorite if you own it. If you don't, you must acquire that team first by changing teams! For the new players, you may declare your favorite right now, by announcing it on your reply with your 5 teams. Your favorite must be one of the five teams on your roster you select.

The purpose of declaring a favorite is to improve your score! The points you earn for your team roster are doubled for your favorite.

1000 points if your favorite uses a yield.
    2000 points for a fast forward.
    1000 points if your favorite comes in first (except in the final leg).
    2000 points if your favorite comes in second or third in the final leg.
    5000 points if your favorite wins The Amazing Race!!! (Final Leg)
    -200 each time your favorite is yielded.
    -250 if your favorite gets eliminated.

You can change your favorite at any time as long as your current favorite is still in the game, but if your favorite gets eliminated, it is permanent and you may not use this feature ever again!!!

You don't have to do this right now if you don't want to -- you can declare a team as a favorite at any time during the race except when there are only 3 teams left.

Enjoy the rest of the race!!!!!

I would feel absolutely horrid for the last place pick if I was one of millions who were surprised about Dennis/Ericka philimination on first show.

I'm not switching because I love all of my picks thus far.
    I'm going to pick a favorite (since I obviously need the points). My favorite is Colin and Christine.

alright im going to make a couple changes

my teams:
    alison/donny
    brandon/nicole (dropping jim/marsha)
    bob/joyce (dropping chip/kim)

kami/karli
    charla/mirna

my favorite is bob/joyce
    "And I told Bill, if they move my desk again I'm going to quit. 'Cause my desk used to be near the window and I could see the squirrels and they were married..." - Milton, 'Office Space'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast