+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phone fun

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar
    I would if I had stairs!

Ask them, "What if the company building blows up? Will I get my money back?". They would get a kick out of that!
    You stole my smart quote!

If they are trying to sell windows or siding,ask if you have to have to ask your landlord. They will hang right up.
    I also like to tell them that I used to have their product and got rid of it cuz I hated it.

FORT Regular
    Another good one is to make vomiting sounds.
    "Everyone is ugly in thier own way" - SurvivorFreak

"So much time, so little to do" - Garfield

Having a loud whistle that you can blow in their ear is always a nice touch.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Thank God I live in HK... telemarketers and phone surveys are rare here.

I've only come across one every 3 weeks or even month(s)...
    I got one yesterday... Without my British Ax I wouldn't of been able to do this:
    Telemarketer: Hello! Would you like American Ginseng (In bad chinese)
    Me: Speak in English please...
    Telemarketer: Hello! Would you like American Ginseng... I imported this the other day I looked at it in my homeland (US) and *blah blah blah*- it comes with a free tin of green tea... Is this Simon Cox? (Bad question... the Telemarketer is American...
    Me: Cox? You pathetic prank calling fool. The name's Cowell....
    Telemarketer: AHHHHHHH *hangs up*
    Thank god my first name is Simon...

The other time around I was at work 2 years ago and I was messing around with machine voice software... The cops came round but I got rid of the stuff on time to have the poor survey man got arrested.
    Survey boy: Hello is this Simon Cox and you are 22 and this is your personal hotline at HK Golden Fortune Commercial vehicle rental Co, LTD....*more personal info*
    Me:*Pushes machine voice stuff* Welcome to the secretive assasination hotline. To murder someone with a gun please press one... etc the surveyer called the police but I convinced him to arrest the surveyer lol

Other language works greatly
    When they speak in Chinese I usually reply back to them in Japanese so they start talking in English and I just say I don't understand English

Well we still have to give props to these people who does these calls I means it's a pretty tough job

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar
    My sister worked for a job like this, and she got paid every customer she gets. She finally got annoyed of it and quit. Luckily...
    You stole my smart quote!

FORT Regular
    :haha Yes, another language would probobly annoy them, so would having your chihuahua bark at the phone.
    "Everyone is ugly in thier own way" - SurvivorFreak

"So much time, so little to do" - Garfield

These posts are a hoot! I'm gonna try the "foreign language" approach...I can say about 5 offensive things in Polish.

Usually when they call and ask for a man or "the man of the house", I (being female) like to say "Yes, this is he." Or, when they say ... "[t]his is (name) from (company) calling. How are you today?" I'll say "I'm very well, thanks for asking. Bu-bye!"

I also have done this in the past, When they ask "how are you today"? I go through things like this:Well I started out ok but then I got one hell of a headache,then my dog died and I had to bury him and to top it all off I started my period! I am so glad that you called because I have had nobody to talk to. That usually get's a response like.... Well, I seem to have called at a bad time,maybe I should call you later. They never do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast