+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiz: Not All Americans Are Stupid

A very good score. You obviously know a lot about the world and its history.

17/20

FORT Fogey
    You were unable to answer even one question relating to the world outside America. Your understanding of other people and other times is appalling. It is small wonder you are a target of ridicule. You slavishly swallow all the lies and propoganda which your government pumps out as fast as you can digest it. In fact, it is unlikely you have even managed to read this far, since words of more than one syllable cause you physical discomfort. The only hope for you is compulsory lobotomy.

That was after purposely getting 0 (of course I signed up as an American for that )

PSi
    What does having read the book 1984 have to do with knowing the world?

12/20

Oh wait a second here....President of China? How can there be a "President" when it's a communist country? Do i have to call shennanigans on this one? Hmmmmmmm.......

You answered 20 questions correctly out of 20.

If you are American, the only way you got this score is by doing the quiz 50 times, and memorizing the correct answers. You need to approach the world in a less aggressively competitive way and learn to live with your inadequacies, rather than seeking to feel through bigotry and false national pride.
    I find that insulting, and yes, I am American.

FORT Fogey
    Communist countries can have presidents too... there's always a leader, unless there's anarchy (communist does not = anarchist)

PSi
    i know that, but....oh yes, the "president of n.korea, kimsomethingoranother"
    Oh, having a dumb momemt..was thinking more USSR and Cuba... was more angry at the irrelevance of the 1984 novel....like kids around the world read taht too...

here's the 0 for somewhere else

You couldn't answer any of the questions correctly. Perhaps you are an American who ticked the wrong box? If you are not American you have no excuse. Maybe you should think about emigrating to America, where at least you will find yourself in good company.
    Last edited by PSi; 03-13-2004 at 08:04 PM.

FORT Fogey

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Communist countries can have presidents too... there's always a leader, unless there's anarchy (communist does not = anarchist)
    leader, yes... president no..

the leader of a Communist country is called the 'head secretary' or something to that extent...

look at Canada, our Leader is the Prime Minister, not the President

as for the quiz

You answered 16 questions correctly out of 20.
    A very good score. You obviously know a lot about the world and its history.

then I took it again as an "American" ... got 18
    You have an impressive understanding of the world for an American. It is likely that you feel intellectually isolated in your home country, and often have to hide your opinions from others. Deep down, you realise that your country is the single biggest threat to world peace in modern times, but you have not yet summoned up the courage to emigrate.
    Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 03-13-2004 at 08:42 PM.

I scored 16 as well. I was surprised I knew as many as I did.

FORT Fogey
    Ummm... the leader of China is the president (who is the head of state) and the premier (who is the head of government) Don't ask me what the difference is, but yes there is a President of China, and in 2002-2003, Hu Jintao succeeded Jian Zemin as the head of the Chinese Communist Party, and is now the president of the People's Republic of China. (According to William A. Joseph in Introduction to Comparative Politics)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast