+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 83 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chain Reaction Game

I just want to thank everyone in this game. (ok, especially Funnygirl for her points, and Burnt for passing them through FG).
    This has been a lot of fun, and I so hated seeing each of you drop out as the game went on. You are such a welcoming bunch of friends.

And so glad it came down to the 'counting' crew at the end. (and it wasn't planned that way).

Thanks AIW - this was so much fun - I'll be joining more of your games as time goes on, but think I'll take a little break for now. you do a great job.

Good job MKW, the person i had an alliance with... thats right!!!
    would anyone like to reveal their strategies and alliances??? i would gladly put out the whole game, how i was bound to one alliance and manipullated into another only to finish a sorry 5th place. but only if alot of people do this... anyone want to?
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

I admit, I was with Chris from the beginning. And I would have kept with him except for his situation- just felt he wasn't able to contribute much at that point, and would have been better off without the distraction of the game at that time. Funnygirl and I didn't really have an alliance, more just the fact that I liked her sense of humor and wanted her in the game.

then it got down to 6. and it appeared I was actually part of 2 groups - not an alliance, more just friendships developed - the counting crew - and FG and her agreement with Burnt/or Bored, I was never really sure which. Once it got to 5, I had 2 from each of the groups and myself.

But you gotta admit, I won a lot of challenges by myself - which got me here.
    And I did try to stick to getting rid of high pointers - which turned out pretty good.

I'm very glad it came down to enough points so that I never had to choose between ADK and Erin however.

So, really, the only alliance I ever had was with Chris. Cause I really didn't know anyone here when I started the game.

Now I feel like I have a lot of friends on this board.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    *ahem* Hmm... well, actually, I got lucky, because I didn't have to lie to anyone - when I made offers, nobody listened

Actually, Burnt Lals and I worked together, and we worked with FG (who later worked with Burnt and I after Lals was gone)... we wanted to work with MKW and Chris, but Chris was firmly aligned against us, so we added MKW whenever we could instead

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Chris approached me with an alliance first, and I agreed...but then halfway through the game, he was obviously no longer on my side....It was very clear who was on which side when the results of those lists were shown.

I feel partially responsible for chris gettng the boot..I just never thought that MKW would pick someone else regardless of the situation...I guess that is why MKW is the winner! In the middle of the two alliances is a good place to be. Good job MKW!
    Last edited by Burntcrow; 09-27-2004 at 07:14 PM.

I think that i had a great strtegy, unfortunately due to my situation i got the boot. However I first approached MKW and Burnt with deals, I wanted to make a pack of three but then Burnt apparently struck gold. Burnt apparently had reached a deal with bored and lals. I was all for this when ADK came to me with a plan. ADK Erin and touque convinced me to join their alliance, after showing me some pms from bored and burnt (which i couldnt believe) about trying to get me kicked off. These could have been forged, but I wasnt going to take that risk, I joined the alliance with ADK Erin and touque and I also got MKW into the alliance which now was up to 5, however I never told burnt that I had left his side and constantly came up with reasons that I hadnt picked him. I had alot of different alliances too, one was even struck for me mkw, burnt, FG and possibly bored? i forgot. I pretended to be in all of these alliances(I couldnt tell people that I wasn't in them! id be next to go!) Also I think I was the most trusted by most people, when AI put in that picking order and it was revealed I think I was first on three peoples lists. Which proves that I had some people fooled. Especially Burnt. I used this strategy so that if my first alliance partners were gone I would switch back to th other alliance. My other plan was to ease up a bit on the challenges. I Went all out on some and on others I didnt even try, because this would have kept me in the game longer and people would simply GIVE me their points because I had an alliance with alot of them, as it got down to the nitty gritty people would be rooting for the underdog (me) and they would give me a fighting chance, and I could end up winning. This was a strategy that would have worked if MKW didnt break our alliance (I understand why, no worries!!!) It was a good move obviously, I mean MKW won!!! good job!!! and thanks AI.
    Any way thats how i played this game, I am a big strategist, so watch out for me in other games but yeah i try to be good on my word, I would have gone to the end with burnt until i heard that he wanted me out, (He was also coming up with constant excuses of y he hadnt chose me) Maybe we never had an alliance!!! ANY way great game, it was fun, See you all in Fort Boot Camp!!! (and once endurance is done (which alot of ppl have lost interest in ) i will give hosting a game another shot, with a much faster pace, please bear with me on that one ) SEE YOU ALL!!! THX FOR PLAYIN IT WAS FUN!!!!!!!!
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

oh and about my list, i had u burnt as my third person, I was seriously considering going with you, just not with bored

Oh! and another thing! alot of people tried to persuade me in the game, talkin about who i should be with and what i should do, little did they know I mmay have been playing the biggest game of everyone

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdevine
    I wanted to make a pack of three but then Burnt apparently struck gold. Burnt apparently had reached a deal with bored and lals. ADK Erin and touque convinced me to join their alliance, after showing me some pms from bored and burnt (which i couldnt believe) about trying to get me kicked off. These could have been forged, but I wasnt going to take that risk,

Any way thats how i played this game, I am a big strategist, so watch out for me in other games but yeah i try to be good on my word, I would have gone to the end with burnt until i heard that he wanted me out, (He was also coming up with constant excuses of y he hadnt chose me) Maybe we never had an alliance!!!

Ok!? Well that's fine, I guess I am just too trusting....Good lord, I just can't imagine doing this in real life, the stress would kick my butt...and by the way, I never wanted you out ever!!! Thats just wrong if someone sent you something with my name attached to it.

dayam - and here I was feeling guilty about breaking my alliance with Chris. Sounds like he had everyone going.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    Ok!? Well that's fine, I guess I am just too trusting....Good lord, I just can't imagine doing this in real life, the stress would kick my butt...and by the way, I never wanted you out ever!!! Thats just wrong if someone sent you something with my name attached to it.
    i didnt think u had wrote it, guess touque (or erin?) or maybe ADK?? anyway one of them must have changed the name on it but u know how it is... i was paranoid!

+ Reply to Thread