+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I Prefer..

Just one little bolster pillow (those little japanese rolls). Yep, I'm weird. But I've got really long hair, and I like to hang it over them, and they're good for your posture.

I prefer independent thinkers to momma's boys, (but, every man should love his mother, too. Just not be afraid of her or afraid of thinking differently from her. Heck, my mom is sweet, I'm not afraid of her! She doesn't give me reason to be! If you're afraid of your mom, something's not right in that relationship! )
    Last edited by Shazzer; 10-19-2003 at 04:27 AM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Just one little bolster pillow (those little japanese rolls). Yep, I'm weird. But I've got really long hair, and I like to hang it over them, and they're good for your posture.

I prefer independent thinkers to momma's boys, (but, every man should love his mother, too. Just not be afraid of her or afraid of thinking differently from her. Heck, my mom is sweet, I'm not afraid of her! She doesn't give me reason to be! If you're afraid of your mom, something's not right in that relationship! )
    You said a mouthful there! I don't know much about you, if you have sons or kids at all, but I only have daughters and DO NOT understand that whole mother/son connection. Oedipus. Untie the apron strings and move on. Let me say this. however, my mom could easily kick my ass if she wanted. And she's 80!

I prefer to live as far away from my mother in law as possible.

No kids. And I have brothers who love their (our) mom but are not dependent upon her, and she'd likely hate that if they were. And my mom probably couldn't kick my ass, as she's about 8 inches shorter than me......but she could stare me down something fierce, er...I mean stare me up somethin' fierce. But...she definitely doesn't meddle or tell me what to do as an adult, or at least not in a serious way... I mean...she is a mom...so she does "suggest"...but totally not the same as these momma boy situations. Those...are...weird. If you've ever seen it, you know what I mean. It's almost like a boss/slave type situation versus a mother/son relationship. Not...too...cool.

Well...that was a mouthful. Again.

I prefer winging it and saying what I think to worrying about editing myself.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    No kids. And I have brothers who love their (our) mom but are not dependent upon her, and she'd likely hate that if they were. And my mom probably couldn't kick my ass, as she's about 8 inches shorter than me......but she could stare me down something fierce, er...I mean stare me up somethin' fierce. But...she definitely doesn't meddle or tell me what to do as an adult, or at least not in a serious way... I mean...she is a mom...so she does "suggest"...but totally not the same as these momma boy situations. Those...are...weird. If you've ever seen it, you know what I mean. It's almost like a boss/slave type situation versus a mother/son relationship. Not...too...cool.

Well...that was a mouthful. Again.

I prefer winging it and saying what I think to worrying about editing myself.
    I don't know how you are able to think and articulate at this hour. Very good questions.

I do know the mother/son relationship - he won't move more than a block away from her and comes running to rescue her every time she needs her butt wiped. Yeah, I know that guy.

Edit, edit, edit for me. But when I do wing it - look out for those size 10's, it's usually a doozie!

I prefer being able to speak and/or write to people without editing everything they say and write. I do try to bite my tongue, tho.

Me too, JD..being able to speak & write..
    I prefer 'the south' to 'the west'
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Me too, JD..being able to speak & write..
    I prefer 'the south' to 'the west'

I'll take the west, the south is way too hot and wet for me.

I prefer southern belles to New York broads.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    I'll take the west, the south is way too hot and wet for me.

I prefer southern belles to New York broads.
    I agree...

I prefer Southern gentlemen to NY carpetbaggers.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

The idea of an NY carpetbagger is somewhat unnerving, so I agree.

I prefer getting no taxi driver at all to getting a bad taxi driver.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    The idea of an NY carpetbagger is somewhat unnerving, so I agree.

I prefer getting no taxi driver at all to getting a bad taxi driver.
    you mean there are good taxi drivers in NYC? the last few times, I had to tell the guy not only where to go, but how to get there. and even then, it was hard to explain even that because the guy didn't speak english.

I prefer driving myself to taking a taxi.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Sure there are good taxi drivers in NYC. They're just very hard to find, as you can imagine. I suggest you look into car service, though. Those yellow cabbies are brutal.

And I agree with you.

I prefer getting lost in Times Square to getting lost in a ghost town.

+ Reply to Thread