+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The FORT Never-Ending Party Thread

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb1960
    I just kind of chanced into it, a long story! The women in the "office" building sure give me some strange looks, but I went to that department after the dollars!( You know art majors don't make anything in that field, so they have to find something else)

So does your job allow you to use your education in art? Or is it like the rest of us (okay, me) who fell into a great job and liked it so you stayed?

My brother also majored in art, and now he's an art teacher. Makes barely enough money to survive but he loves it and he loves the kids.

Okay, I'm heading out of here. No phone call from my cousin, so it's prep time for the bed for me. And it is just too freakin' hot up here, so I need to go downstairs to cool off for a bit....*sigh*

I wonder what it's going to be like upstairs in the summer... Crap.

Good night, partay people! *waving*
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by queenb1960
    Just say, "she could be related to some of the people at the FORT!'

- she is related to someone on the fort - me!

If you've seen any of my past posts, she has the IQ of Jessica Simpson, but she also has the looks. I'm having her pic scanned too. I think she knows the difference between chicken and tuna, but that may be debatable.

G'nite Shazz!! Good luck on getting comfy!!

Bye Shazzer. Maybe you can sleep downstairs on the sofa? Get some rest and hopefully we will see you tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    So does your job allow you to use your education in art? Or is it like the rest of us (okay, me) who fell into a great job and liked it so you stayed?

My brother also majored in art, and now he's an art teacher. Makes barely enough money to survive but he loves it and he loves the kids.
    Sort of. I print the newspaper, it does help to understand color theory. Most of the guys were trained in print shops; you do an apprenticeship to learn this trade. I didn't go into teaching because I'm not patient enough OR good with kids for long periods of time. To this day I have a really hard time showing folks how to do anything if I'm actually good at it.God bless your brother,I know he catches all kinds of hell; my Dad was a teacher and then a principal before he retired.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    If you've seen any of my past posts, she has the IQ of Jessica Simpson, but she also has the looks. I'm having her pic scanned too. I think she knows the difference between chicken and tuna, but that may be debatable.
    BUT does she know that buffalos (buffaloes?) don't have wings? That is the question.

Bye Shazzer , I'm jealous of your heat!

queenie - I used to work at a printing place too, we made small magazines. I was in design, typesetting and editing. (not all at the same time, tho.) I think that's why I'm so bitchy about spelling and grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    BUT does she know that buffalos (buffaloes?) don't have wings? That is the question.
    And for another, that chickens dont have fingers?

+ Reply to Thread