+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Corporate Heights - Rise to the Top

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    C'mon clipse... these games are a blast! I'm in of course!
    Oh sure, since you tend to win. cough*cheater*cough....

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Everything will be eastern time, and will usually be between 6-8 PM, with challenges posted before four. But, first, it's time for your first challenge...

Welcome to Corporate Heights! I'm your host, Bored. In this game, you will climbe the corporate ladder to the very top. But first, you've got to start low... so you will currently all have to be janitors. You've got it, janitors. However, soon you will move up to a better job... that is, except for one person, who will be demoted to janitor indefinitely. But first, as janitors, you have to know how to...

WASH THE FLOORS

This game is a CEO(kind of like HOH) challenge. The person who wins will put up three people, whom everyone else will vote on. The person with the most votes will be demoted. Here are the rules...

First, you must post "Wets Mop", wait 10 minutes
    Next, post "Washes Floor", wait 15 minutes,
    next, post "Wets Mop", wait 10 minutes,
    Next, post "Washes Floor", wait 15 minutes,
    and, finally, post "Runs to the finish line"

This challenge will take a minimum of 50 minutes, and will begin tonight at 6:00 eastern time.

BTW, I will need diaries from all members by the end of this round on how your strategy is working. If you don't give me a diary entry, then you'll be penalized in the next round. Usually, diary entries will be needed between rounds.

:::Challenge Memo:::
    To: boredouttamind, Host of Corporate Heights-Rise to the Top

I don't mean to sound hateful, rude and whatever else, but this challenge is horrible! Any and all challenges where you have to be on at a certain time in order to win are inherently unfair. If I can't get on til 7 o' clock tonight, I may as well kiss being this week's CEO goodbye. Some people don't have the freedom to just say "Oh, there's a challenge at 6? I'll be there." I do have a life outside of the FORT, I promise. I probably won't be able to on at 6 and therefore won't win CEO at this juncture.

In my opinion, the challenges should be something everyone has to complete and send it to you in a PM. Not something where you post something at a certain time because then the people who can't get on at that time are screwed. Anything that we PM you, and whoever does the best on it, wins, would be fair. And it's not whoever turns it in first if there's a tie. Just come up with a tie-breaker. I've lost out on many a challenge because I tend to get on at 7-8 every night and I would always get on as the challenge was ending and it sucks. So, just a note for the future, if you're thinking about doing a challenge like this . . . Don't!

The future "Final CEO",
    Colby Deckman
    Last edited by colby_d; 01-08-2004 at 03:53 PM.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    i agree, one MWF, I don't get in until 8-9 EST... so it's kind of hard to make most challenges

True, perhaps. But, on the other hand, I can't even get online past 8. But, tonight I'll make an exception and move the challenge back to 8, since it's not very hard to complete. Just know that it's almost impossible to find a time that works out for everyone.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    then make challenges that aren't constricted by time?

Ok, looking over the game as a whole (which is already fully planned, BTW) there are only about two or three more of these. They're really easy to do, but it's almost impossible to find a way to get everyone to be online. If two people won't be here, they'll protest and I'll have to change the time to another time, where two more people might not be able to compete. Think of it this way - there won't be two of these kinds of challenges in any round, so you can always redeem yourself. BTW, they're going to be an immunity quiz tonight, so if you know anything about Ancient History, you better be happy. If you don't study. And, the winner is based on whoever gets the most right, not necessarily who is fastest in a short amount of time.

Hmm.. so basically, lemme sum that up: Bored is pissed off already. Don't screw with bored. You'll still do fine.

Mhm, that's about it in an abbreviated version. I could just entirely cut out challenges and start picking people to leave the game based on my own wants. I don't think you want that.

FORT Fogey
    I'm fine with that bored, as long as you pick me

Noooo! If it was at 3 pacific we start I could've won. I am goin out tonight so it looks like I have to be a janitor. Just DON'T MESS WITH THE TOILETS! And if I am inactive in this thread PM me and I will get back in here if I am stalling or missing a game or anything.

+ Reply to Thread