+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: How well do you type?

  1. #11
    Ready? haejin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,924
    Now I have an 80! Yay!

  2. #12
    From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in the middle of the Monsoons
    Posts
    11,829
    This is just not fair.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

  3. #13
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    Well, I'm with haej. I think that's the limit of my ability, though
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey Marley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb1960
    I never got over probably 60 wpm. Now I bet it's more like 35 and I still have to look at the keyboard to cheat a lot!

    Sixty words a minute is not bad at all! I have taken timed tests when I have applied at jobs and don't do well at all!! However, I type well when I am typing what I want. When I look at something that needs to be typed, (The typing book that stands upright) I don't do well at all. I wish I could be timed while typing what I want.

  5. #15
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558
    I'm not about to take this test.:nono
    I remember many years ago I ran the mailroom for an insurance company. They gave all the girls (yes, that's the way it was back then) a typing test. They discovered that only 8% were efficient typists and the other 92% were hunt and peckers.

  6. #16
    From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in the middle of the Monsoons
    Posts
    11,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    Sixty words a minute is not bad at all! I have taken timed tests when I have applied at jobs and don't do well at all!! However, I type well when I am typing what I want. When I look at something that needs to be typed, (The typing book that stands upright) I don't do well at all. I wish I could be timed while typing what I want.
    The last typing test I took (about 2 years ago) I scored an 85.

    I would be able to take this test if the words remained stationary for a timed period. When they move across the screen afte rthe 4th level, my reader can't see it.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

  7. #17
    Ready? haejin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,924
    Just took a typing test. My results were that I type at an average of 47wpm, and once the accuracy counts in I type at around 40wpm. I guess that's not bad, considering I only recently learned to type on the home row.

  8. #18
    From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in the middle of the Monsoons
    Posts
    11,829
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Just took a typing test. My results were that I type at an average of 47wpm, and once the accuracy counts in I type at around 40wpm. I guess that's not bad, considering I only recently learned to type on the home row.
    Was it an online test, haej?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

  9. #19
    Under Investigation Tirlittan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,092
    Got 91 & 91, guess that's it for this game and I am not complaining . I took another test somewhere on net where you had to type a longer text down, not just words, I scored max 45 wpm.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

  10. #20
    Ready? haejin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Was it an online test, haej?
    No, I downloaded a program. It doesn't have anything with moving text, you only need to type out text that's displayed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.