+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Survivor/Big Brother (and others) Games!

Online Survivor/Big Brother (and others) Games!

One of the online Survivor games I was in just ended and the episodes have started coming out. The first one is out and the second one comes out tonight (they're on the page called "Episodes" ). You can also look at Bios of everyone (or just me, ) and other stuff.

I just thought I'd let you guys know since it's the same sort of stuff as the BB and Survivor (and whatever else) games on here, just more in depth. Also, you can apply for his next season. (They're a lot of fun. I've played in a lot and I might play next season too) It's all here!

FORT Regular
    That is a great site, I wish I were a part of it!!. I am going to guess by your user name that you are Colby or the Maraamu tribe? Anyways - great site, I hope i remember to sign up for next season!!

FREAK
    "Everyone is ugly in thier own way" - SurvivorFreak

"So much time, so little to do" - Garfield

Wow! That's cool Colby, it looks like you are doing very well in that game! Especially in the polls! Great job!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I only played the Big Brother game, and only about 1/2 way thru. I'm going to suggest that if you want to host a game, you should write down, or at least think thru the rules and such before-hand, rather than making them up as the game goes along. Live and learn, I suppose.

SFreak- Yes, I'm Colby and you should apply for the next season. he said it was going to be a lot better because he's worked on the challenges more.

EMC- Yeah, right now I am doing well, but I won't say how well yet, since the episodes are still coming out

JD- Yeah, like on that game I just finished, there were rules we had to read and agree to, so there weren't any arguements about what happened.

That you know of.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Ive run a few games myself, and I've found it's alot easier to give them an outline of what they might want to expect, but not tell them everything. If there's something that might entirely screw up their strategies, there might be a couple warnings, but there wouldn't be anything too bad to entirely screw them up. However, that said, it's fun to mess with you're players sometimes and just have fun with it. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm going to give them for a challenge, but it works out just fine in the end.

Maybe I was being too vague. I think for the BB there should have been time lines, notices in advance for challenges, etc. We were given a challenge in the middle of the day, when not many people were in the game, and then given like 15 minutes to complete it. I think there should have been a 24 hour lapse, and maybe a time for everyone to count on. Sort of a meeting time or something like that. I thought the challenges were fine, but I don't think everyone was given a fair chance. That's all. But it was the first game, and of course there will always be bugs to be worked out. That's why I threw that out there.

ETA: after reading your responses to my comment again, it sounds like we are pretty much in agreement as to what suggestions should be made for the next game. I didn't mean to be so pushy. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by J.D.; 12-11-2003 at 08:47 AM.

Yeah, almost all the online games I've played in, we've been told in advance what time the challenges would be mailed out (that Survivor one, all the challenges were sent out at 8 PM and all votes and challenges were always due at 8 PM) and normally, time wasn't a factor. Or if it was, it wasn't something you could get done in 20 or 30 minutes, but would take time and you would have to turn it in the next day and by then, everyone would have had a chance to see it.

Yeah, this game your in seems really cool! But how did they get all the backgrounds and write up the "scripts" and stuff? I'm just really confused... Your pictures look like they are from the real survivor! I'm just extremely confused about the whole concept... again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast