+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What does your name mean? And other info-

What does your name mean? And other info-

www.babynamer.com can tell you the meaning, popularity, alternate spellings, teasing nicknames, everything you'd ever want to know about your own name.

Kylie:

Meaning: "boomerang" But: "This derivation from a hunting weapon of Australia's original inhabitants is disputed. Some believe the name to be a modern invention fashioned after the names Kelly and Kyle. "

Teasing Nicknames: Smiley Kylie and Kylie Wiley (Don't even think about it, guys ! )

Popularity: Ranked 1208th for females of all ages (1990 US Census data). (Hehe, I'm so original. ) They also do this by state, but NY wasn't available.

Now, wasn't that enlightening?

My nickname didn't get a ranking, but was acknowledged, my real name has never been heard of.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

William

"Determined protector"

Too many teasing names to count
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

agentcarver
    I already know that Geneieve, which is the correct spelling of my name, is Germanic and Celtic for "Protector of the City" and I'm the patron saint of Paris.

David

Meanings: beloved, hero, darling

Teasing Nicknames: among others, there are Davey Crockett, Wavy Davy, Davy Gravy, Davey-Do

Popularity: ranked sixth in popularity for males of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census. The name also ranked 11th for males born in the United States in 1994.

scott

It is derived from the English word Scot, designating a person who is from Scotland or of Scottish heritage.

Teasing Nicknames:

Scotty Potty

Scooter

Scottie Tissues

Snot

Squirt

Scott Pot

Scott Tot

Scotty Snotty

Slot

Scottie the Hottie

Squawty Scotty

Gotta go to the Potty Scotty

Scooter Pie

Scott Twat

Associations:

''Scotty'' is a slang term for crack cocaine.

''Beam me up, Scotty,'' a catchphrase from Star Trek, refers to transporting someone as a stream of matter.

The name Scott ranked 32nd in popularity for males of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Princess
    ''Beam me up, Scotty,'' a catchphrase from Star Trek, refers to transporting someone as a stream of matter.
    tvjunkie, I have to add to that explanation that the phrase has a second part (which was also said by Capt. Kirk), which is just implied: "There is no intelligent life down here" (i.e. take me away from these morons...).

FORT Fogey
    Dawn- early morning or sunrise..

John:

This boy's and girl's name is used in Dutch, English, Portuguese and Norwegian. Its source is Yochanan, a Hebrew name meaning "God's grace."

The name John ranked second in popularity for males of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census. The name also ranked 18th for males born in the United States in 1994.

Teasing Nicknames: Hoppin' John, Johnson & Johnson, John Juan, Anatomical John, Arizona John, Johnboy, John John the Leprechaun, Jawn Jawn, Jungy, Bungy, Johnnykins, Yawn, John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmit, Yonny. (although personally, I've only heard a couple of these)

Associations (only a couple of them): "John Doe" (unidentified male), "Here's Johnny" (Tonight Show), "John" (toilet), "Dear John Letter" (breakup note), "John Hancock" (signature), "John" (prostitute customer), "Hard John" (slang for FBI agent)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast