+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What does your name mean? And other info-

labtech
    Debbie---means "the bee" Now what can I make of that???

Originally posted by labtech
    Now what can I make of that???
    A giant bowling ball butt, apparently.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

By the way Paulie, LOVE the sigline.

MenInUniform
    Darlene

This girl's name is used in English. Its source is an English expression meaning "Darling."

Alternate spellings of the name Darlene include: Darleen, Darline, Darleane, Darlyne. There are two other forms of Darlene.

Teasing Nicknames:

Dar-----obviously I don't think this is a teasing name seeing I go by it. LOL

Darling
    Sardine---PLEASE never call me this...PLEASE
    Darjeeling and this one too. LOL
    Knee Knee and this one
    Lene and this one. Thanks.

The name Darlene ranked 157th in popularity for females of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census.

dar

Tammy
    the Hebrew root means Palm Tree
    (although my mother named me after that Debbie Reynolds song and the movies: 'tammy and the doctor, tammy and the bachelor!)

Loving the thread revivals lately...

FORT Fogey
    Anna:

Wow! Anna is the 33rd most popular female name! I didn't realize it was that popular...

Commentary:

In the Jewish scriptures, Channah, wife of Elkanah, was barren. At the temple near Shiloh, she asked God to bless her with a child, promising to dedicate her baby to His service. Her prayer was answered, and her son Samuel was ''lent to the Lord'' for all the days of his life. Indeed, he grew up to be one of Israel's most revered prophets. With this story in mind, some authorites translate this name as a full sentence: ''God has graced me with a son.'' (Actually, that's a funny story, because my doctors told me I was sterile, due to medical problems and I got pregnant, so I guess they were wrong. That's why my daughter's name will mean "God Responded")

Source Language:
    Hebrew
    Meaning:
    Favored grace
    Original Form:
    Channah

Teasing Nicknames:
    Anna Banana (not since kindergarten)
    Anner ( That's what Justice used to call me before he could pronounce my name and he still does it and the other kids all do now too. Sometimes Anter, sometimes Anner).
    Nanna
    Nan
    Banana Rama Anna
    Nanners (People used to call me that in high school! )
    Spanner
    Anna Panna
    Anna Conda (lots of my friends call me that )
    Anna Anna bo Bannah
    Anzies
    Annie Banannie
    Annie Fannie (That's what my grandma calls me...)
    Santa Anna

Oh, and they missed "Anna Banana Chick," which is what everyone called me in middle school...
    Last edited by AnnaRHR; 06-17-2003 at 05:37 PM.

FORT Fogey
    I was looking up my almost daughter's name (2 1/2 more months) and it's surprisingly listed! And it's the 2034th most popular. I've actually ony met one other Janae in my life (and a couple of Danae's). It didn't have any nicknames, though. The only one I can think of is Nae-Nae. Can anyone think of any more?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Cristina -- This girl's name is used in English, Italian and Spanish. It is an alternate spelling of Christina.
    This name is a feminine form of Cristino.

The name Cristina ranked 437th in popularity for females of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census.

Christina -- This girl's name is used in Dutch, English, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish. Its source is Christiana, a Latin name meaning "Christ's follower." Learn more about the heritage of this name.

Nicknames of the name Christina include: Chris, Chrissa, Chrissie, Chrissy, Christi, Christie, and eight other nicknames. Alternate spellings of the name Christina include: Chrisstina, Christeena, Christena, Christinna, Christyna, Chrystina, and 10 other alternate spellings. There are 19 other forms of Christina. There are also teasing nicknames.

Teasing Nicknames: Christina Ballerina, Tina Tuna, Teener Weiner, Teenie Weenie, Crapstina, Crustina, Christina Beana, Christinka, Tina Turner, Christinky, Stinky, Cucina, Prissy Chrissy, Kissy Fur, Crusty, Tiny Tina, Tiny Tiny
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

FORT Fogey
    anna,, I would tend to probably call her janny or something like that , I always put the y on the end of things.. my niece hope is hopey..
    or jana is cute..

My name Dawn, means obviously break of day or sunrise..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast