+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What does your name mean? And other info-

originally posted by Lobeck
    So, does that mean we have to call you Mistress Fluff now?
    Hmm Lobeck, I guess Paulie knew what he was talking about when he "christened" me Fluffstress.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Alright, Emma, which is my real name, means uh... universal. What-ever.

I like my teasing nicknames though, lmfao, they are Enema, Embryo, Emmanem, Shmemma (what... the fuck?), M & M, Dilemma.

Yeah. Great.

Nancy means Favoured Grace. Which I knew. Came from the name Ann, which I knew (My sister Anne told me)

What shocked me was it was 12th in the census for all ages???? how did that happen?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by KylieGrant
    Aww. But I bet her intials aren't as horrible as mine. Think about it. KEG

((My brothers are JUG! My other sister's are HAG!!!)

What were my parents thinking?
    There is a an old wives tale, that says if your intials spell a word, any word, that is good luck for the baby. I forget what the ethnic group the old wives came from, but I recall a nurse I worked with when I was pregnant trying to get me to change my daughter's name around from ALP (Annette Lynne) to LAP (Lynne Annette) because she would have better luck.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

PKeeper
    This boy's name is used in English. Its source is stigweard, an Old English word meaning "Steward."

Nicknames of the name Stewart include: Stew

The name Stewart ranked 445th in popularity for males of all ages in a sample of the 1990 US Census. (My nick name -- the one everyone calls me except my relatives, Stew, did not rank at all.)

Teasing Nicknames:

Wart
    Beef Stew
    Stooge
    Stewpot
    Stewbert
    Stewpid

I must admit, the only one I recall is 'Beef Stew'. My father called me 'Stewcie-Dew'.

There is a an old wives tale, that says if your intials spell a word, any word, that is good luck for the baby. I forget what the ethnic group the old wives came from, but I recall a nurse I worked with when I was pregnant trying to get me to change my daughter's name around from ALP (Annette Lynne) to LAP (Lynne Annette) because she would have better luck.
    Aww, that's sweet. I'll have to ask my mom about that!

Originally posted by KylieGrant
    Aww, that's sweet. I'll have to ask my mom about that!
    Sometimes Mom's don't know what they are doing.

In my case, my Mom confessed to me that she intended to use my middle name (Bradley) as my first name, and have William as the middle name.

In a remarkable case of foreshadowing, my birth was quite trying, and she was still on drugs when she filled out the birth certificate.

She mixed up the form, and so I became a William. Which is good, because I hate the name Brad.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I friend of mine is a big NASCAR fan. His first kid, a girl, has the initials RPM.

Princess
    Extremely boring.... my name is derived from one of 2 other names. No nicknames. #259 in popularity, which is somewhat surprising considering most ppl here don't know how to spell it!

RPM - that's good, Jodaar! Mine are LML...

Hey Bill-
    William Bradley sounds better than Bradley William anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast