+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Thanksgiving Dinner

FORT Fogey
    That is my mom's fault. She is a fanatic about food looking beautiful! I think I was about 6 or 7 before I knew butter came in sticks and tubs. She has these tiny little cookie cutters and she cuts pats of butter into shapes, spade, flur di lis, moon, stuff like that. I thought everyone kept little plates in the freezer to put the butter pats on so they wouldn't melt. She is a professional cake decorator and she used to do some catering. She does the neatest stuff w/tables and cakes and all that. So I inhearited some of it. My passion is more of the decorating and party planning stuff. I feel guilty to this day if I serve anything on the table in it's original container. Like butter, sour cream all that. I think mom will be watching. She always grows her own parsley and mint for basic garnish. Geeze!

I know every year in addition to what ever gift for Christmas/Birthday I will get some fun serving thing, tray, pitcher, tongs, bowl something! It really is nice though to have all that stuff. I got a way cool silver bowl on a pedastal that can be a punch bowl, ice bucket or it has these rings that are inserted to hold wine bottles if you want to do that I love it!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Me too! Just thinking about it makes me thirsty.

JD -- you're not working either. Why don't you get your happy-a$$ on a plane, fly down to sunny Cali, and we'll test all these drinks out?

Jewels - actually I prefer the road trip, I love to kick it in my zippy Eclipse all over the country. Start stocking up on the hooch, and don't think I won't do it! I've done it before. Recently. And he wasn't near as cute as you.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Jewels - actually I prefer the road trip, I love to kick it in my zippy Eclipse all over the country. Start stocking up on the hooch, and don't think I won't do it! I've done it before. Recently. And he wasn't near as cute as you.

I'll start stocking up, baby. And no, I'd ne er put it past you to just show up on my doorstep, Homer-Head and all
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FG, we should start a thread for food presentation and table decor. That way all your great ideas will be in one place. Just to make it easier for me to steal them.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I'll start stocking up, baby. And no, I'd ne er put it past you to just show up on my doorstep, Homer-Head and all
    Jewels! How do you come up with these things? I always think I'm being so clever and amusing, and along comes Jewels - completely blowing me out of the water. I love having you around.

FORT Fogey
    I think Fluff probably has a bunch of great ideas too!

Start a thread, FG?

Good night, JD, FG, Jewelsy.

Sweet Dreams sheela

FORT Fogey
    Night all think I will go stare at the ceiling for awhile till I get sleepy.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Night all think I will go stare at the ceiling for awhile till I get sleepy.
    Sleep well, FG. It's true -- warm milk really helps

+ Reply to Thread