+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Plot

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Any guesses? (it's a black and white movie)
    how about another "minor" hint?

It partly sounds a little like "Glass Menagerie" but the mother was alive in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    how about another "minor" hint?

It partly sounds a little like "Glass Menagerie" but the mother was alive in that one.
    She also played the quieter, shy one in Gone with the Wind. In the movie I'm asking about the love interest was a heart throb (a very slender guy) at the time. The setting is in NYC. Another hint?

FORT Fogey
    She also played the quieter, shy one in Gone with the Wind. In the movie I'm asking about the love interest was a heart throb (a very slender guy) at the time. The setting is in NYC. Another hint?
    Yes please...I am stumped

The Heiress (Okay, I cheated. Got the GWTW reference and ran with it )

A school-teacher with amnesia discovers that she had been an assassin when her past comes back to haunt her...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

The Long Kiss Goodnight

Car thief comes out of retirement to save his little brother.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Fogey
    Gone in 60 Seconds

Older brother, recently released from prison, tries to make younger brother see that the former doctrines he preached to him about race relations are wrong and dangerous.

American X (or History X)

An attempted bank robbery gone bad. (The two guys also played in another famous movie). The money is for his lover's sex change operation. Based on a true story.

FORT Fogey
    Dog Day Afternoon - Woof Woof

On the day of his retirement, a Police Cheif opens and investigation of the rape/death of a teenage girl. The cop tries to help solve the case after retirement but receives resentment from his succsessors. They feel that they hav already caught the murderer - who subsequently commited suicide while in custody - and they want to leave the case closed. The retired cop doesnt agree and he then attempts to solve the case himself as a private citizen.

Is it Dirty Harry? If not, it sounds so familiar. A hint please.

FORT Fogey
    Is it Dirty Harry? If not, it sounds so familiar. A hint please.
    Lets see...its a very recent film...came out in 2000 and starred a guy who was been extemely popular his whole career. He is now a much older man but still attracts young (thin) women. Has a reputation for being quite a partier and is often observed courtside at basketball games.

+ Reply to Thread