+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing Makes Me Madder Than....

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I didn't say bad.... just harsh... strict... thats all. My wife and I are just starting to talk about having children, and its worth thinking abt.... How strict to be.... My parents were not at all strict, but my wife's.... lol growing up in a muslim country... whew.
    No, you didn't say I'm a bad mom - I thought I cleared that up, but apparently not. Think about it tho. I had a few rules, but they were strictly enforced. The kids knew ahead of time. You have to make the consequence fit the "crime". I think the things I chose to enforce are reasonable. No cigs, no drinking and driving, you're not having sex in my house, and you'll be home when I tell you to be. Is that too harsh? I think I was reasonable. Never had to spank them when they were kids. Anyhoo - it worked for me. That's all I'm saying. (And I got away with everything, yes, everything, when I was a kid - I'm soooo lucky I didn't get my karma payback on that one! Whew!)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I hope that when my kids are older, I'm as good a parent as JDH was to her teens. And that my kids turn out as well as her's have!

Nothing makes me madder than when I'm made to feel like I'm not capable of being a good father to my kids!

Nothing makes me madder than not having enough time for my kids

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    What about thick-headed, stuck in their ways, unwillingness to try new things, stubborn-a$$ individuals who can't get overthemselves ... nevermind getting a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    What about thick-headed, stuck in their ways, unwillingness to try new things, stubborn-a$$ individuals who can't get overthemselves ... nevermind getting a clue?
    wow ...Deep breath .....

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    wow ...Deep breath .....
    Nothing makes me madder than states that have no law providing a landlord to provide prior notice for non-emergency entry into your dwelling.

Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    Nothing makes me madder than states that have no law providing a landlord to provide prior notice for non-emergency entry into your dwelling.
    GG shoot first ..ask questions later

JD..your values raising kids sound just like mine. I commend you all the way. I think if your kids know the rules, and that they cannot bend or break them right off the start, then you really have accomplished something...something to be proud of...and that's raising pretty darn good kids. I say if your kids know where they stand with you..as the parent...they will usually turn out pretty decent. I really belive in the saying.."you get out of life what you put into it". If you aren't willing to lay down some tough rules in your own household for your kids, then they will try to run all over you. I haven't seen a kid turn out BAD because he had some strict rules...but I HAVE seen kids who weren't so nice when the parents couldn't have cared less if they made rules for their kids or not.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

How about states that require a lawyer for everything...
    grrr.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Nothing makes me madder than people not being able to hang on the phone while someone else is asking them a question, because IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM!

+ Reply to Thread