+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing Makes Me Madder Than....

Nothing makes me sadder than watching little 12 year old girls and "tweens" and even teen girls wear shirts that degrade them by saying, "sl*t" or "easy" or much worse ones that I just can't think of right now (or have blocked right now). Especially because they probably aren't aware of the reaction they're causing, and...oh yeah....they're kids!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I agree, Shazzer...those clothes really degrade a person. I don't know why they even make clothes like that.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    I agree, Shazzer...those clothes really degrade a person. I don't know why they even make clothes like that.
    Not that I would ever wear shirts like that, but it's so much different when they sell those shirts to adults, versus making them in children's sizes. It tain't right.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Not that I would ever wear shirts like that, but it's so much different when they sell those shirts to adults, versus making them in children's sizes. It tain't right.
    NMMM than Slut-wear for pre-adolecents.... do they even know what they are advertising abt themselves?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    NMMM than Slut-wear for pre-adolecents.... do they even know what they are advertising abt themselves?
    Yeah, but since these girls only see J'Lo, Brittney, Christina, et.al., girls want the product. If Joe Marketing sees a potential market, the product will be there.
    Supply and demand. I'm not endorsing it in any way, let's get that straight. However, I have let my girls wear SOME of those clothes, in high school, but - at least they weren't sneaking out and changing down the block into who knows what. I'd rather my kid wear a tee with a playboy bunny than a tank top that is really about a half a bra. It's a fine line. But you gotta pick your battles, too.

It makes me mad that I go on and on to make a point that is quite simple and I over-explain it and make a fool of myself. I'm getting really good at that.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Yeah, but since these girls only see J'Lo, Brittney, Christina, et.al., girls want the product. If Joe Marketing sees a potential market, the product will be there.
    Supply and demand. I'm not endorsing it in any way, let's get that straight. However, I have let my girls wear SOME of those clothes, in high school, but - at least they weren't sneaking out and changing down the block into who knows what. I'd rather my kid wear a tee with a playboy bunny than a tank top that is really about a half a bra. It's a fine line. But you gotta pick your battles, too.

It makes me mad that I go on and on to make a point that is quite simple and I over-explain it and make a fool of myself. I'm getting really good at that.
    I know. its not a question of how it works... It makes me bad that it DOES work.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I know. its not a question of how it works... It makes me bad that it DOES work.
    If I learned anything from raising 2 teens, it's "you have to pick your battles."

clean your room? I don't care, it's your room, you have to sleep there.

Be home at curfew? Without fail.
    Drink and drive? If you get arrested it will be lucky for you, I'd kill ya.
    Smoke? I'll rip your lungs out. Drugs? Like I can't recognize that.
    Boys in the bedroom? Not a chance.
    Tee shirt with a playboy bunny? Not worth fighting over and sort of takes away from the importance of the major stuff.

now were did I leave my soapbox?

If I learned anything from raising 2 teens, it's "you have to pick your battles."

clean your room? I don't care, it's your room, you have to sleep there.

Be home at curfew? Without fail.
    Drink and drive? If you get arrested it will be lucky for you, I'd kill ya.
    Smoke? I'll rip your lungs out. Drugs? Like I can't recognize that.
    Boys in the bedroom? Not a chance.
    Tee shirt with a playboy bunny? Not worth fighting over and sort of takes away from the importance of the major stuff.

now were did I leave my soapbox?
    wow... harsh.

wow... harsh.
    Harsh? I was a good mom and kept my kids safe and taught them how to fly out of the nest and, hopefully, not starve to death.

I hate it when people say I'm not a good mom. (No one in here has said that to me - it's not a jab!)

Harsh? I was a good mom and kept my kids safe and taught them how to fly out of the nest and, hopefully, not starve to death.

I hate it when people say I'm not a good mom. (No one in here has said that to me - it's not a jab!)
    I didn't say bad.... just harsh... strict... thats all. My wife and I are just starting to talk about having children, and its worth thinking abt.... How strict to be.... My parents were not at all strict, but my wife's.... lol growing up in a muslim country... whew.

+ Reply to Thread