+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts and Questions

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I agree Scarlett, to a degree on your ramblings, and well, rambling are just that, loose thoughts, ideas, and inklings that play across our mind. For me, I give children free reign with their methods or articulation, they are still growing and developing into adults. As for adults, I've found it best to give people several chances to express themselves as best they can, and since it's unreasonable to expect everyone to think and perform at the same levels, I take into account what's beyond what's written or said. It's the concept that is laid out before you that matters, not how it's presented.
    *hug* Texi....you always make good points

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Aw, crap, I just put in a post that took me like an hour to write, was completely brilliant and made more sense than any of my previous posts. Now it's gone, disapeared.

I hate it when that happens with emails too, JD. You get the whole letter typed, and press the wrong button, and lose it!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Well, on a more visceral level....

I think it amusing the various censoring on ballclubs nowadays. Here in seattle, a patron is not let into the ballpark with nasty slogans on a sign or on their bodies. However, I've heard (from a guy at work) that it is fairly permissible in Fenway Park to wear a T-shirt that says "Shank the Yanks" on it..... Not to be left out, in New York, it isn't a ball game unless someone in the nosebleed seats is arrested. Bronx Cheer indeed.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

This cold wintery season makes me so anxious for spring.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Me too, and it doesn't get nearly that cold here! Still, sometimes I think snow would be better-- the last 24 hours here it's been just above freezing, 20 mph wind and raining buckets; 2 inches overnight. Yuck! It could only get better if it actually got a little colder and caused a big ice storm like we usually get a time or two each year, that takes down trees,and powerlines, and turns all the roads into sheets of ice. Plus, I'm one of those folks that gets depressed easily in the winter. Lucky for me it's *pretty much* over by mid- March around here, although if we do get any snow over 6" it's usually late February.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    well, angelic, you could come here....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Well, on a more visceral level....

I think it amusing the various censoring on ballclubs nowadays. Here in seattle, a patron is not let into the ballpark with nasty slogans on a sign or on their bodies. However, I've heard (from a guy at work) that it is fairly permissible in Fenway Park to wear a T-shirt that says "Shank the Yanks" on it..... Not to be left out, in New York, it isn't a ball game unless someone in the nosebleed seats is arrested. Bronx Cheer indeed.

John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    John 3:16
    since I am not familiar with the bible, would you be more specific?

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    since I am not familiar with the bible, would you be more specific?

I've missed you Senrik. I hope you are able to drop in more often.

"John 3:16" is a poster commonly displayed at sporting events.

+ Reply to Thread