+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts and Questions

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Yeah, especially adults who are men (some men).

FORT Fogey
    I will agree with that, but at the same time, the I work with mostly women... one other guy has just started, but I don't really know him yet.... for some reason daycare work doesn't attract too many men.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Because people, in general, are stupid.

Doesn't it make you wonder how some people wander through life without bumping into walls and stepping in front of busses? I'm certainly not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but there really are some stupid people out there. I'm making a general comment. I'm not referring to anyone. This is just a personal opinion.

Yep, there is a lot of stupidity floating around. But, I DO bump into walls,fall off the porch, have to go back in the house five times to get things I've forgotten when I'm trying to leave, and yes, I have been hit by a car (at 10 years old-bent the car, didn't dent my thick skull). But I don't think I'm stupid, in fact I'm sure that I have above average intelligence, based upon an IQ test that I created myself . I prefer to think that I am in Deep Thought, or at least Medium Inklings. Either that or I'm clumsy as all get-out. Is that a possibility, or is my mind wandering again?
    Last edited by queenb; 01-22-2004 at 07:32 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb1960
    I DO bump into walls,fall off the porch, have to go back in the house five times to get things I've forgotten when I'm trying to leave, and yes, I have been hit by a car (at 10 years old-bent the car, didn't dent my thick skull). But I don't think I'm stupid. I prefer to think that I am in Deep Thought, or at least Medium Inklings. Either that or I'm clumsy as all get-out. Is that a possibility, or is my mind wandering again?
    Maybe you're still suffering the side effects from being hit by a car :beatup (just kidding!!)
    Unlike you I'm not clumsy, however I'm definitely stupid and don't need a past injury to prove it - you know, locking myself out of the house/office, going back to car at least 5 times at the shopping carpark to make sure I locked the car, putting the milk in the sink and the glass in the fridge, using the TV remote to turn on my CD Player - that sorta thing.

Could my stupidity be reversed if I did walk into a wall?
    Last edited by ravs; 01-22-2004 at 07:57 AM.
    I rather lurk than post.

I am already so SICK of this cold winter weather!! It is -5 degrees fahrenheit here this morning...BBBBRRRR....
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Why do they have to put Hell in such a cold place (Michigan). It makes a mockery of "Hell freezing over".
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

, Senrik! Good to see you again
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey
    All my life I was regarded as a “gifted child with a genius-level IQ,” for whatever that's worth. I was pushed academically, expected to excel in all areas. Language was always my strongest area, I have always loved to write, and I have even won awards for my writing. What I hated was math. Not that I can't do it, mind you, I always made As in higher level math courses, I just simply do not process math very easily, and it I quickly get bored and frustrated. When I walk into a store and I see a sign that says “30% off,” there is a long and involved process that goes on in my mind to try and figure out what 30% of $5.00 must be. Does that make me a stupid person? Hardly.

What really ticks me off is when I am working in a classroom and someone comes in and decides to make judgments like that without getting to know a child. “From this writing example, it seems that Johnny is lacking in language skills.” Well, Johnny has brilliant thoughts that would astound most adults. Sit and talk to him for a while. Johnny simply has trouble organizing his thoughts and putting them down on paper. We are cautioned not to judge students based on their previous test scores and grades, as a matter of fact, to not even look at those things until we get a chance to know the child as a person. But all too often I find that children, actually, people in general are judged based on one or two aspects of their ability, without consideration given to their other strengths.

Where am I going with this? I am not sure, these are random thoughts, after all. I suppose that what really bothers me is all my life my mother taught me, “There is not a single person on the face of this earth that is better than you. But at the same time, always remember that you are no better than anyone else, either.” So, thankfully, I became and extremely open minded person. I believe that people are beautiful, and all people have different things to contribute that make this world the fascinating place it is. However, despite my best efforts, I do find myself judging certain people. I think to myself, “what a snob” all too often. And isn't that hypocritical? I have to take a big step back and remind myself that the snob in question is probably a very lovely person, and they probably don't mean to come across that way. Maybe that person has not had the benefit of being taught to accept people for their varying strengths and weakness. Maybe that person just has a personality that comes across as snobbish. Who am I to judge?

So I am working on that now... All you guys here are great...thanks for letting me ramble on...
    Last edited by scarlett530; 01-25-2004 at 12:57 PM.

I agree Scarlett, to a degree on your ramblings, and well, rambling are just that, loose thoughts, ideas, and inklings that play across our mind. For me, I give children free reign with their methods or articulation, they are still growing and developing into adults. As for adults, I've found it best to give people several chances to express themselves as best they can, and since it's unreasonable to expect everyone to think and perform at the same levels, I take into account what's beyond what's written or said. It's the concept that is laid out before you that matters, not how it's presented.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread