+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts and Questions

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Why is it that people somehow think I would open myself up in a public forum?
    Because you do.

Why is my computer having issues this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Because you do.

Why is my computer having issues this morning?
    maybe i do, maybe I don't..... Maybe I have a macabre sense of humor and I like to shine people on.

and maybe your machine has a worm... there are several out there.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Why do miserable, crabby people outlive those that are fun, lively, bubbly, and nice?

Why am I convinced that my future MIL will outlive my bf??

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Why do miserable, crabby people outlive those that are fun, lively, bubbly, and nice?

Evil people always live longer. I could explain it but it would sound too cerebral for such a *light* thought.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Evil people always live longer. I could explain it but it would sound too cerebral for such a *light* thought.
    And you wonder why you're so picked on oh cerebral one.

:fyou

That was totally unnecessary and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    And you wonder why you're so picked on oh cerebral one.

:fyou

That was totally unnecessary and you know it.
    i'm picked on? I picked on someone else? I thought i was simply being witty.
    Last edited by senrik; 08-20-2003 at 02:57 PM.

senrik.......I learned a long time ago..if you dont have something nice to say, dont say it.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    senrik.......I learned a long time ago..if you dont have something nice to say, dont say it.
    OK OK, I'm sorry. (to everyone concerned) Didn't mean to hurt anyone.

Its hard to communicate when people are always looking for fault.

Ok maybe this is a little overly much attention for something a bit vague. I admit that it is my fault for saying something so brief that should have been explained more. If as one poster puts it in their sig ‘Brevity is the soul of wit’ then it also creates ambiguity, misunderstanding, and anger. I wish to fix that problem

The quote being bantered about:

First of all, if this is an insult, it is not directed at a person. The sentence is directed at a thought in fact, the only person stated was in fact the person who said it…. Me.

Lets dive a little deeper, shall we?

[code]Cerebral: (from www.m-w.com) 1 a : of or relating to the brain or the intellect b : of, relating to, or being the cerebrum
    2 a : appealing to intellectual appreciation b : primarily intellectual in nature [/code]

The question then becomes: what was I talking about:

These questions are not really something that one can approach intellectually, are they? Are they Philosophical? Moral? Ethical? Do they involve deep thought? In truth, these are emotional questions, not intellectual ones, not cerebral ones. It might be safe to assume that the asker of these questions was not Socrates, and not looking for philosophy. Based on that, it can be considered light (ie, not deep), but not dumb, questions. Note, I never talk about the worth of the question, simply whether an intellectual answer was appropriate. Sometimes though, we look for meaning in words that do not exist.

The next logical question is: was there intent to insult, or demean the questioner? Honestly, I cannot prove that to anyone in words, but in the previous piece, I did in fact suggest solutions to computer issues, and also in fact, there are no incidences of insults from me to the questioner, either before or after the incident. Additionally, even when challenged, as I had been on monday, I declined to intentionally insult anyone. (I have PM's that bear this out, available if neccesary) Based on that, the question of motivation to insult someone, anyone may be a bit thin.

With that in mind, I realize I was careless with words, and humbly apologize for any hard feelings caused. I realize that my words, as written were ambiguous and in the wrong mindset, can be seen as insulting, and for that I apologize.

In short, My attempt was to answer the question and spare the questioner the lengthy discourse the answer belied.

Does anyone see any of this in my words?
    Last edited by senrik; 08-20-2003 at 11:57 PM.

Evil people live longer. Women live longer too.

evil women live the longest.

1. Evil people live longer. Less stress: this plays a role in cardio health, blood pressure. They also like to laugh, although technically they are not the only ones to laugh, they do laugh a lot. laughter as we know, helps the heart.

The evil have no qualms over what they do. no qualms = no worrying. No worrying = more years to their lives.

The evil take more care of their bodies. Have you ever seen a fat evil person? Ergo, they live longer.

Evil people have better health insurance. The good tend to get pushed around and as a result have poorer quality jobs and poorer health insurance. Evil lives longer.

2. Women live longer. They have traced this back to the y chromosome, as i read a few weeks ago. it seems that men's bodies are less healthy and more prone to disease and health problems than women. I don't have the specific reference, but I'm sure it can easily be looked up.

Maybe one could do that research and scare the BF into treating himself better, but men are in denial most of the time about their health issues. Thats another reason why men live less long than women, who are smarter about such things.

This was the cerebral discussion i was looking to avoid. Obviously i don't know the full particulars, but this was just the general answer. Now, was this lengthy answer really at all worthwhile? Remember, don't shoot the messenger.
    Last edited by senrik; 08-21-2003 at 09:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread