+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1105

Thread: Random Thoughts and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMonkey
    Why does the library never seem to have the books I need to write papers?
    Why can't I find the journal I need to write my assignment?

Now that is the question the whole world needs to know the answer too!
    Why is it that when you have money to spend.. you cannot find anything that you want to buy at the mall.... But when you are broke... you can find 50 things that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Yeah I hate it when people do that... some people are just lovers of their own voice... like the other day, I was in the supermarket, and someone was like "Hi" and I was like "Hi", and then they just walked off, and I was like, "what's the point of saying hi if you're not going to talk to me?" He just wanted to hear his own voice apparently... it's a shame how some people just can't shut up, and unfortunately it's usually the least intelligent who tend to drone on and on and on... I wish I could just yell at them in mid-sentence SHUT UP!!!! I don't want to hear you anymore... but they would probably just keep talking over me... I could probably walk away from them, and they'd just keep talking to themselves... they would talk about their day to themselves, talk about what they've been up to lately. But getting back to the topic, those people that just don't know how to shut up, I think they should all be taken out back and shot... no one would notice, cause no one listens to them anyway... there might be a split second where I would say, "Hmmm, it's much quieter around here... I wonder why... oh well, it's really nice"... But other than that, no one would really notice, and if they did notice they probably wouldn't care, and if they did care, they would be overjoyed, but they wouldn't go on and on about how overjoyed they are, cause if they did, then they'd be shot, and we'd all be wondering what happened to Mrs. Hexagoggle, and I'd be like "she started going on and on about how happy she was that everyone that babbles on an on to hear their own voice was dead, so I took her out back and shot her" And people would be like "oh then she deserved it...."

Why do people who are going to pay for their purchases with a check wait till everything is rung up, then dig for their checkbook? Who do they THINK is going to pay?

It's bad enough when you wait in a supermarket line, and have ONE item, and the person in front of you has 50...and does not offer to let you go ahead.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

what about the people in line with a kid and then they realize they forgot something and send the kid back to get it while they are giving instructions as to where the butter is and you have eggs,milk and toothpaste.
    *kid running aisle to aisle,looking left.......right*
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

FORT Fogey
    I hate people who can't count in the express lane... grrrrrrr....

even worse are first time self checkout people.........looking completly dumbfounded.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    even worse are first time self checkout people.........looking completly dumbfounded.
    Oh, I hate that! I feel so sorry for the ones who can't seem to count - why did they apply for that job? And who hired them? They should be stocking the store or something that doesn't require counting change back.

KC
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Why do people who are going to pay for their purchases with a check wait till everything is rung up, then dig for their checkbook? Who do they THINK is going to pay?
    Thank you, Mudah dear; that is one of my big peeves too; When they sart fumbling, I dig out my checkbook, fill out the entire check while giving them an evil stare that I hope will get their attention, and when they notice, I very pointedly look down at my checkbook which I'm holding in a position that lets the offender see..."Wooohooo. All I have to do is add the amount!"
    I'm such a b.
    Even worse...when someone has too much stuff in the express lane, I will announce rather loudly, "Gosh, no one taught HER to count". This requires being ready to when they get irate.
    Yep, I really can be a b. And I like it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I agree with both of you. I've been dealing with that with the guy I married about 6 years. He even uses a debit card sometimes. He doesn't even prepare to pay until after the cashier gives him a total. Then he digs out his wallet....writes the check (always checking the date on his watch!)...and eventually people are falling down from frustration. He does the same thing with the debit card. He hides his PIN number (he's never even let me know it or even see it), by putting his hand up around the card swipe thingy. I must have very strong eye muscles because I've spent the last six years rolling them. :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread