+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 220 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Name the Movie

That's from "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai"

NEXT: "It's the story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop."

Right, Bill. American Pie. No, I'm not slow in my responses today or anything.

Sorry. Meetings keep getting in the way of important things like posting.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    NEXT: "It's the story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop."
    Well, I let it sit for 22 hours before I cheated to get the thread moving again. Airplane II.

Here is an easy one to get us going again:

He's a man from outer space and we're taking him to his spaceship.

Well, can't he just beam up?

Ooh I know, I know.

ET: The Extra Terrestrial

Next:

"Despite my privileged upbringing, I'm actually quite balanced... I have a chip on both shoulders."

"Despite my privileged upbringing, I'm actually quite balanced... I have a chip on both shoulders."
    We were just discussing this in another thread yesterday - good tie-in KG! It's "A Beautiful Mind"

Sticking with another easy one to keep the thread moving along:

"Rolo Tomasi is the reason I became a cop. I wanted to catch the guys who thought they could get away with it. It's supposed to be about justice. Then somewhere along the way, I lost sight of that. Why'd you become a cop?"

LA Confidential. Duh. I actually guessed Above the Law like a total dork before remembering who Rolo was. :rolleyes

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!"
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

OK, still kind of feeling like a dork. Was LA Confidential correct Wayner? I only saw it once, so I've got that vague memory thing going on.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

You are correct, Zhora! Good job!

I have no idea on your quote, though when I hear "slooshied" I thought of the convenience store clerk on The Simpsons!

Whew! Thanks Wayner. I hate hangin' it all out there and being completely wrong.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!"
    -Richard Brautigan

Ooh Zhora, that's Clockwork Orange, right?

Wayner- I've GOTTA start reading these threads more closely, then. I hadn't seen it anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread