+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Songs that remind you of specific things

Songs that remind you of specific things

I was running on the treadmill this morning, and I started thinking about how a particular song can remind me of a time in my life or a person or even a specific event. Can you rattle off a few of those songs for you? What do they signify to you?
    Last edited by Paulie; 10-29-2002 at 12:58 PM.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

"Keep Your Hands To Yourself" by Georgia Satellites reminds me of a particular track practice in high school when I felt I was running the very best I'd ever run. It was playing from the loudspeakers as I powered down the back stretch.

And then there's the three songs that remind of three different girls I struck out with. Each of these songs STILL makes me sad when I hear them:

"Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" by Meat Loaf
    "Coming Around Again" by Carly Simon
    "The Flame" by Cheap Trick

There are WAY too many songs out there that remind me of failed relationships!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Roberta Flacks "Killing Me softly".

I dated a girl who told me that this song reminded her of me.

I thought that was cute...although no song reminds me of her...cept this one which reminds her of me!

"November Rain" is the song that conjures up the most vivid (& gruesome) memories for me.

I was driving home late one night from work @ 10 years ago, & there was a massive traffic jam on the highway. There were several police cars & an ambulance, flares on the road, etc...Everyone is rubbernecking as they pass by, so of course, I do the same. At first, I didn't realize what I was looking at, & then it hit me that it was a pedestrian that had been hit by a motorist. It was basically a pile of guts. I got soooo sick, I started gagging & dry heaving, then I started crying. I don't know why they didn't have that mess covered up. If they had the time to put flares out, surely they had time to cover up the body (what was left of it). I know they had time b/c I sat in traffic for at least 15-20 minutes. Anyway, "November Rain" was playing on the radio when I saw this, so I always associate that song with that image.

uhg Holly, that is awful!
    You are right, they should have had the body covered! :mad

As for thread topic, I'll have to think about it for a while.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Paulie, The Flame makes me sad too! I love that song though...

Pretty much anything Styx makes me think of Econ as I listened to their greatest hits TAPE over and over all night studying for a final in college.

Missing You by John Waite makes me think of my first real life crush.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Bravo...have you seen Styx at Nissan at all? they have been here the past several years. Great concert!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Perc, I haven't but maybe I should keep an eye out for next year!

Come sail away, come sail away...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I'll drag you along with me next year BF! LOL

Hey...just thought of another one.

Rock Me Gently by Andy Kim. Mid 70's. Was out on a lake with my GF (soon to be wife) and this song was playing.

Studying songs: "Angel of Harlem" by U2 always reminds me of sitting on the balcony at Stanford my freshman year, poring over my Calculus notes for Spring Finals.

And, OMG, Holly, what a horrible thing for you to have seen!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast