+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Songs that remind you of specific things

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    You discovered Kid Rock, too? Wow, that's a coincidence.

King of the Road - Roger Miller
    Reminds me of my daddy. We used to sing it while riding in his truck.

NYUK NYUK! Trailer for sale or rent, room to leet 50 cents, I'm a man of means by no means KING OF THE ROAD......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

"Life in a Northern Town" by Dream Academy reminds me of my childhood growing up in New Jersey. The words seem like they were written just for me *sigh*.

"Crocodile Rock" by Elton John also takes me back to younger, simpler days.

I'm a total 80's girl though so pretty much anything mainstream from the 80's reminds me of highschool.

"Hurt so Good" by John Mellencamp reminds me of some guy friends that always thrust their hips when he sang the "uh" part.

"Hard to Say I'm Sorry" by Chicago reminds me of a boyfriend that bought me the record (yes record, not CD ) but then he dumped me for my best friend .

"Every Breath You Take" by the Police and "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler remind me of another boyfriend. Glad I dodged the bullet on him!

"Remember When" by Alan Jackson reminds me of me and my husband. I get teary eyed every time I hear it (we're still married BTW)

"Letters from Home" by John Michael Montgomery reminds me of when my husband was in Iraq last year. He was there when the song came out and it really hit me hard. It's such a great song, even if you aren't a country music fan I recommend anyone to listen to it. You won't be able to hear it the first time without crying (or tearing up even a little if you have any feelings whatsoever!) and the video is even better.

There are many others that bring a smile or a tear whenever I hear them. I love music!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678