+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Songs that remind you of specific things

You're Love Has Lifted Me Higher - Rita Coolidge (reminds me of the late 70s early 80s again a great bunch of people.)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Afternoon Delight - my high-school boyfriend. 'Nuff said.

Jerk It Out - The Caesars

Reminds me of a very funny friend of mine, who, yes, could be a bit of a spazz.
    Gustav Holst was right!

EVERY song reminds me of something

"More than this" ROXY music makes me realize that I love Steve more than anything in the world...

ANYTHING by John Lennon makes me wish I was incarcerated with Chapman, just for one day

"Under Pressure" - my best friend Stacey - she's also a big Duran Duran and U2 fan

"SLOW RIDE" Foghat - watching Steve dance to this song like he did at Kent State - 1978
    ** We were in school at the same time - I was in First Grade while he was in college **** (13 years older - yes you can teach an old dog new tricks)

I am a child of the 70's and LOVE LOVE LOVE classic rock: Beatles, Stones, the Who, Eric Clapton, E L & P, C S & N, Santana, Jeff Beck, Bob Seger, Peter Frampton, Elton John, Led Zepplin, Simon & Garfunkel and many more not mentioned.

Teenager of the 1980's, started off with the "alternative" stuff. BUT I WAS A METALLICA FAN IN 1988!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I listen to almost everything with the exception of the "new" country. My CD's go from Tom Jones to Talking Head and from Metallica to Mozart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To this day, I still have nightmares every time I hear Pink Floyd, especially selections from The Wall.

Gentlemen, take it from me, if you're seeing a woman who likes PF and tells you she especially enjoys The Wall while she's getting high--don't walk, don't run, freakin' sprint the other way, like Carl Lewis with his head on fire. Just trust me on this.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    The song, "Turn Me On Remix" and "My Boo" remind me of the ime period when I was going out with this boy named Ronald. When I hear these songs it brings back a lot memories.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    To this day, I still have nightmares every time I hear Pink Floyd, especially selections from The Wall.

Gentlemen, take it from me, if you're seeing a woman who likes PF and tells you she especially enjoys The Wall while she's getting high--don't walk, don't run, freakin' sprint the other way, like Carl Lewis with his head on fire. Just trust me on this.
    *ahem* And all this time I thought we were friends. I don't know how many copies of the Wall I've gone through. Only used up one movie though. You want lyrics? I got lyrics. You need a new perspective? Come watch the Wall with me. And to top off an evening in the most perfect way: laser Floyd, in the most comfortingly numb state as is possible.

Phat! Phat! Come back here - your hair's on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    It is a creepy song...
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

It Takes So Long (To Say Goodbye) - Dean Martin
    Reminds me of why when I discovered this great entertainer
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    It Takes So Long (To Say Goodbye) - Dean Martin
    Reminds me of why when I discovered this great entertainer

You discovered Kid Rock, too? Wow, that's a coincidence.

King of the Road - Roger Miller
    Reminds me of my daddy. We used to sing it while riding in his truck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast