+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Songs that remind you of specific things

You're Love Has Lifted Me Higher - Rita Coolidge (reminds me of the late 70s early 80s again a great bunch of people.)
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

Premium Member
    Afternoon Delight - my high-school boyfriend. 'Nuff said.

Jerk It Out - The Caesars

Reminds me of a very funny friend of mine, who, yes, could be a bit of a spazz.
    Gustav Holst was right!

SHANNONLEA

EVERY song reminds me of something

"More than this" ROXY music makes me realize that I love Steve more than anything in the world...

ANYTHING by John Lennon makes me wish I was incarcerated with Chapman, just for one day

"Under Pressure" - my best friend Stacey - she's also a big Duran Duran and U2 fan

"SLOW RIDE" Foghat - watching Steve dance to this song like he did at Kent State - 1978
    ** We were in school at the same time - I was in First Grade while he was in college **** (13 years older - yes you can teach an old dog new tricks)

I am a child of the 70's and LOVE LOVE LOVE classic rock: Beatles, Stones, the Who, Eric Clapton, E L & P, C S & N, Santana, Jeff Beck, Bob Seger, Peter Frampton, Elton John, Led Zepplin, Simon & Garfunkel and many more not mentioned.

Teenager of the 1980's, started off with the "alternative" stuff. BUT I WAS A METALLICA FAN IN 1988!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I listen to almost everything with the exception of the "new" country. My CD's go from Tom Jones to Talking Head and from Metallica to Mozart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To this day, I still have nightmares every time I hear Pink Floyd, especially selections from The Wall.

Gentlemen, take it from me, if you're seeing a woman who likes PF and tells you she especially enjoys The Wall while she's getting high--don't walk, don't run, freakin' sprint the other way, like Carl Lewis with his head on fire. Just trust me on this.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

J1NVUPatricia
    The song, "Turn Me On Remix" and "My Boo" remind me of the ime period when I was going out with this boy named Ronald. When I hear these songs it brings back a lot memories.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    To this day, I still have nightmares every time I hear Pink Floyd, especially selections from The Wall.

Gentlemen, take it from me, if you're seeing a woman who likes PF and tells you she especially enjoys The Wall while she's getting high--don't walk, don't run, freakin' sprint the other way, like Carl Lewis with his head on fire. Just trust me on this.
    *ahem* And all this time I thought we were friends. I don't know how many copies of the Wall I've gone through. Only used up one movie though. You want lyrics? I got lyrics. You need a new perspective? Come watch the Wall with me. And to top off an evening in the most perfect way: laser Floyd, in the most comfortingly numb state as is possible.

Phat! Phat! Come back here - your hair's on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    It is a creepy song...
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

It Takes So Long (To Say Goodbye) - Dean Martin
    Reminds me of why when I discovered this great entertainer
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    It Takes So Long (To Say Goodbye) - Dean Martin
    Reminds me of why when I discovered this great entertainer

You discovered Kid Rock, too? Wow, that's a coincidence.

King of the Road - Roger Miller
    Reminds me of my daddy. We used to sing it while riding in his truck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast