+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Songs that remind you of specific things

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Perc
    Roberta Flacks "Killing Me softly".

I dated a girl who told me that this song reminded her of me.

I thought that was cute...although no song reminds me of her...cept this one which reminds her of me!

Thats hysterical. The song that reminded her of you now inturn reminds you of her ultimately because it reminds her of you.

FORT Fan
    "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad"

By Def Leppard

Reminds me of somebody I just can't have.

Early Metallica and Iron Maiden remind me of my 1 true love

alas.... I let him get away

Any song by Stevie Nicks because my husband was a Stevie Nicks ADDICT before we met.

Cool thread. A particular song can really stir up a memory, just like a particular smell can.

The main one that comes to my mind is hearing The Rolling Stones "Emotional Rescue" over and over on the radio one hot summer week while my brother and I were painting the garage. White. Never paint anything white under the blazing hot sun.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    The VERY FIRST song that I thought of when I saw this thread..

Wake me up, before you go go..don't leave me hangin' like a yoyo!!
    Wham! (it might be "Jitterbug")

I can't remember how YOUNG I was .. but it was very young!
    Anyway..one of my first parties (beer/pot), with my two best friends..Tina & Kim and of course, guys. Kim was down stairs making out with some guy, another guy burnt a pizza BOX in the oven and I didn't want to kiss or even be NEAR this other kid.. so I went upstairs and layed there talking with Tina as she played that hand held (moving red dots) football game.
    It was WAY late (about 4 am) and Wham came on the radio downstairs...singing that song.
    I'll never, EVER forget that song and every single thing about that moment for some reason.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Haha I have a Wham! memory too. My 21st birthday I went to this place that was usually a restraurant but turned into a club on weekend nights. It is famous for being a Latin Dance club and playing latin, salsa, hip hop, dance music.

For some odd reason, for the first hour, the DJ kept playing old 80's music and played Wham's "Everything She Wants" THREE times within the hour. My friend was like, um excuse me can you livin this up so my friend's b-day does not suck? lol The DJ had a major attitude so we were like, ok whatever, let's just have fun with this, downed some shots and we started dancing to it. They eventually played more contemporary dance-able music, but I have since developed a fondness for that song and will always think of my 21st b-day when I hear it.

You're the Inspiration (Chicago) - A guy I really like in high school was singing this song at the end of a high school dance and when I caught him singing it, because it wasn't a "cool" song, he looked at me and smiled and I swooned!

Sign your name (Terrence Trent D.) - Yet another guy I liked! A lifeguard with a nice body reached over me to turn up the radio because he loved this song and since I was crazy about him I started to love the song too.

Angel (Sarah McLachlan) - OMG I have never hated a song so much in my life. It's something about the way it drones on that drives me absolutely nuts. I remember the first time I heard it in a friend's car, it was quiet as the song played and about half way through I begged my friend to turn the song off because it made me want to throw myself out of the moving car.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Ja-Rule's songs
    reminds me of a broken chord

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I've got two that are kind of weird, but always put me in a good mood just to think of them. One is Little Black Book by Jimmy Dean. Everytime I went to 4-H camp they played that in the evening at least once and everyone line danced to it. The other one always makes me smile even though it's a sad memory. Happy Trails. They played that at the end of my father's funeral. Kind of appropriate don't you think? I remember a collective gasp when it started and then everyone was smiling. It sure made a sad day a lot better.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast