+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Songs that remind you of specific things

Any classic rock song from the 70's (Santana, Moody Blues, Doors, Pink Floyd, etc.) reminds me of my junior and senior year in high school and the crazy things I did as a teenager! Great memories.

Originally posted by KylieGrant
    Underneath It All by No Doubt reminds me of my last serious boyfriend. I have alot of other songs that remid me of days gone by.....

The Rockafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim now reminds me of Paulie,., cause of the topic he posted a few days ago.
    Always a pleasure to appear in the same sentence as the words "fat" and "skank".
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie!

Originally posted by John
    Zhora, not to break the topic, but you gutted fish in Alaska???
    John, I'm sure I've done lots of things you wouldn't imagine.

So yes, I worked the gut line. I was fresh out of high school and it was my first real time away from home. What a way to go, huh? One day someone brought their boombox to work with them and production doubled. Management had a CD player sound system flown in the next day to keep up the effeciency trend, but we only had a couple of CD's. We got to listen to Steve Miller Band and Guns and Roses over and over again. Every day. Day in, day out. At first it was fun to sing along, then it lost all it's appeal.

"Time After Time" by Cydni Lauper always reminds me of the movie Romy and Michele's High School Reunion because Romy and Michele dance with that rich, has-been nerd to this song at the end. It's so funny!!! Anyone seen it??

Yeah Mdrio, "Time after Time" always reminds me of Romy & Michelle & that dance. & whenever i hear it i just have a picture of lisa kudrow jumping around, in my head.

The songs from "Grease" bring back warm memories of my bro & i as kids, pretending to be Danny Zuko & Sandy, singing "summer nights" (my bro "danny" would always lift his arm up at the end of the song, just like John travolta did)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Gosh..so many songs remind me of so many things:
    Chattahoochee by Alan Jackson reminds me of bouncing around with my baby son and him just laughing and laughing because his mommy was acting crazy!
    Any song by Saga on their Worlds Apart album reminds me of making out with my boyfriend in his basement when we were in high school
    You've lost that lovin' feeling by Hall & Oates reminds me of me and my best friend whose hearts were broken because a student P.E. teacher was leaving us and we were in love with him!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Anything by Big Head Todd and the Monsters just makes me feel Young again.. and one of my fave times in my life.

Better the Ezra has a song called Closer that i cry everytime i hear it reminds me of my daughter. If I recall Kevin wrote it about his son.

I Can Only Imagine, by Mercy Me, reminds me of when I first started seriously going to church continuously.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast