+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Songs that remind you of specific things

The very first counting crows cd reminds me of my first year in college when I lived behind Fraternity row. that was mine and my roommates favorite cd at the time and we always had it blasting never will forget the fire escape episode ...
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

The entire CD Candy-O by the Cars reminds me of my 1st Christmas in New Jersey. My aunt had just gotten that CD, and she turned off the Christmas music CD to play Candy-O. She played it like 3 times over. Ahhhh...memories!

Any song off of Purple Rain makes me think of a friend of mine that killed himself the summer after he graduated from high school. He was really into Prince. So much so that they played Purple Rain at his funeral and buried him in a purple coffin. So sad.

Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits always reminds me of gutting fish in Alaska. True Colors by Cyndi Lauper and Satisfaction Guaranteed by The Firm always reminds me of a tape that a former flame made me for that trip to Alaska. (Zhora is fanning herself )
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Zhora, not to break the topic, but you gutted fish in Alaska???

Don't Speak by No Doubt reminds me of an old boyfriend of mine. Needless to say, the relationship didn't work out.

In 9th grade of high school, I was in the yearbook club and a bunch of us went to Six Flags where Kool and the Gang was having a concert. OMG. We had a total blast, and I remember that song "Celebration" because we all were singing and dancing along with the song. There were some people there doing some funky dances, too. It was a fun and wild day.

FORT Fogey
    ok well here goes nothing but ' open arms' by journey reminds me of losing it.. you know.. my first real love and so much HS passion and emotion and drama.. Every time I hear it,, I think about it.. lol

Wow, I have tons of songs
    "Southern Cross" by CSN reminds me of my sailor ex boyfriend who would always call from some noisy bar.
    "Promises" by Eric Clapton reminds me of another ex .
    My work crew's theme song for a long time was "Bitch" by Meridith Brooks.
    and "Baby Baby" by Amy Grant reminds me of when my oldest was a baby, it came out about that time.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Any Styx somg reminds me of my first love. I have to agree about the passion in HS. Seems like things will bever be that way again.

(sigh)
    RandysMom
    Don't Dream It....BE IT

Underneath It All by No Doubt reminds me of my last serious boyfriend. I have alot of other songs that remid me of days gone by.....

The Rockafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim now reminds me of Paulie,., cause of the topic he posted a few days ago.

Sleeping with George W
    Peter Gabriel's "Salisbury Hill" reminds me of traveling through England when I was a student there in the late 70s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast