+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What does your actual name mean?

The name of Hou has given you a strong desire for success and all the amenities of affluence. You pursue your undertakings on a grand scale, based on your business acumen and ability to visualize an overall plan. Your enthusiasm, aggressiveness, and salesmanship are often sufficient to bring about fulfillment of your ambitions. However, in the attempt to impress others with the scope of your success, you can over-extend your resources to the point that you have inadequate means to cover your basic expenses. There are times when you would be advised to start in a smaller way, and gradually reach your desired level of success through perseverance, patience, and attention to details. When things are going well, you have a generous, magnanimous nature, ready to offer support and assistance to others.

*not really

Your first name of Sara has given you a quick-minded, sensitive nature. It gives you a clever, creative ability in art, music, singing, or drama and an appreciation for refined surroundings. Your sociable nature expresses affection, kindness, and thoughtfulness to the extent that it is difficult for you not to be affected by others and governed by your emotions, rather than by logic and reason. As you respond to love and encouragement from others, your romantic and dreamy nature can easily lead you into love affairs.

Your name of Angie makes you very idealistic and generous, with the strong desire to uplift humanity leading you into situations where you can express your desire to serve others. You want to assume responsibilities and to look after people; however, you can become too involved in other people's problems and tend to worry. Your name gives you a natural desire to express along artistic and musical lines. You desire a settled home and family life, and are expressive and attentive to your loved ones. The things in bold .. fit me to a Tee.

The name of Derek gives you a very individual, reserved, serious nature. You prefer to be alone with your own thoughts, rather than in the company of others. This name restricts spontaneity in association and the fluency of your verbal expression. When you are required to express yourself in personal matters requiring finesse and diplomacy, you feel awkward and embarrassed. Although you realize perfectly well what is expected of you, you are unable to find the right words, and hence you end up saying something inappropriate in a candid way. You can express your deeper thoughts and feelings best through writing

Some what like me, but the last part isn't.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Wow - I'm amazed I haven't taken this. Anyways, mine says...

The name of Johnny creates a quick, analytical, and clever mind; you are creative, versatile, original, and independent. You have large ambitions, and it is difficult for you to be tolerant and understanding of those who desire less in life or who are more slow and methodical by nature. Patience is not your forte. You do, however, have leadership ability and would never be happy in a subservient position. You are ambitious and aggressive by nature. You would be happiest in positions where you are free to express individually and creatively and where opportunities are not restricted; you desire freedom, and do not tolerate being possessed by others. You appreciate change and travel, and the opportunity to meet and mix with others, and to influence them with your creative ideas.

... so, basically, it's like they studied me for a few months and came up with it Seriously that is me perfectly.

The name of ***** has given you the desire for creative, artistic or musical expression in an original way. You strive to be different and have the self-confidence to implement your ideas because you have the perseverance necessary to see something through, despite obstacles. Although you meet new people easily, it is not easy for you to maintain a relaxed, harmonious relationship.
    **Hmmm, Ok. But if I use my everyday name instead of my full first name....
    Your first name of Mary has made you a friendly, approachable, and generous person. Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be blunt and sarcastic. As you are naturally talkative, you find it easy to meet and make friends with many people. This name inclines you to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances. You can be firm, positive, and independent in your own ideas and in reaching your own decisions, yet when it comes to taking action or following things through to completion, you often need encouragement. You respond quickly to kind words or any appreciation shown you. There are artistic, creative abilities in this name that you could express through music or singing, or, in a practical way, through sewing or interior decorating.
    **Well, it's basically hit and miss, but some of it is definitely me.
    Ludicrous speed!

Weird - It really fits me.

Your name of Violet makes you easy-going and refined, but detracts from your physical vitality. You desire all the finer things in life--lovely clothes, home, furniture, and environment. However, procrastination is your worst enemy, and you find yourself lacking the ambition to make your dreams a reality often because of lack of confidence. People are inclined to take advantage of your sympathetic, tractable nature. You naturally attract people with problems who seek your understanding and advice.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Mine was pretty much dead on.

The influence of **** makes you positive, self-assertive, and independent. You can be creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, such as handicrafts. When you have the opportunity to pursue your own goals and interests free from interference, you can feel very agreeable and express a buoyant optimism. On the other hand, you can be impulsive and forceful when opposed, and act without due forethought and discretion. Hence you have many bitter experiences and generally rather unsettled conditions in your life, with little progress and financial accumulation. You cannot tolerate any domination by others, or circumstances that restrict your freedom and independence. You are inclined to make changes abruptly in your life as an escape from such conditions.

Although the name ******* creates an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a blunt expression that alienates others. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus, and tension or accidents to the head.

CORINNA

From the ancient Greek name Κοριννα (Korinna), which was derived from κορη (kore) "maiden". This was the name of a Greek lyric poet of the 5th century BC. Also, the Roman poet Ovid wrote love poems about a woman named Corinna.

I always hated my name because nobody says it right or spells it right. I pronounce it Cor-IN-na. Most people say it Cor-EEN-a (as well as spell it incorrectly with two r's and one n). I used to joke that I wanted to come back as a Susan! I don't care anymore and have grown into it -- it only took 40 years

My mother says I was named after a baby that had been left on the steps of a convent in the small village where she grew up. Her sister (my aunt) also named a daughter Corinna. So I am Corinna I and my cousin is Corinna II. In Germany the name is common, I even bought a mug with it on it -- spelled right
    Last edited by Kennedy; 12-15-2005 at 12:46 AM.
    home at last

This was very true

Your first name of Paul creates a dual nature for you desire to systematize your life to progress step by step, but so frequently, you are taken into new experiences, instability, and change. You are intrigued by a challenge, especially in mechanical and technical fields. Scientific concepts appeal to you. You like activities that require physical effort as well as mental ingenuity. Your questioning, critical, practical nature makes you prove all ideas to your own satisfaction, rarely accepting anyone's word or ideas

Although the name Paul creates the urge to be both logical and technical, we emphasize that it causes a restless intensity that defies relaxation. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the elimination system, and solar plexus
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast