+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What does your actual name mean?

The name Sherri gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary. You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in. Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious. You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships. Although you have a clever, quick, capable mind, your progress in life is restricted by instability in your affairs and misunderstandings with people. Your impulsive nature can lead to actions which you later regret taking, or to accidents. Relaxation is elusive, and depletion due to nervous tension can develop to the point where you become subject to moods of depression and morbid thoughts. Nervous tension centres in the solar plexus, with nervous indigestion and stomach ulcers a possible result.
    yup. that pretty much sums me up.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Just bumping this thread.

Yep Cali -- I'm stalking you. Bwaaaahaaaaaahaaaa

Thanks for the bump, Jewels, I'd never seen this (but you didn't post yours).

This is what I got for the part of my name I don't even go by. It's fairly accurate, especially the last line.

The first name of ---- leads you to assume considerable responsibility and to prefer to work independently, without direction or interference from others because you have very definite ideas of your own. Your mind is quick to comprehend and you can be depended upon to do any job well. Because you tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, you might insist on doing too many things yourself instead of delegating jobs to others who might do less satisfactory work. This name does make you quite direct and straight-to-the-point.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Wow. Mine is really accurate. It's a little freaky, actually.

Your name gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings. Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity. There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean. It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally. You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood. You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Your first name of Rose has given you a quick-minded, sensitive nature. It gives you a clever, creative ability in art, music, singing, or drama and an appreciation for refined surroundings. Your sociable nature expresses affection, kindness, and thoughtfulness to the extent that it is difficult for you not to be affected by others and governed by your emotions, rather than by logic and reason. As you respond to love and encouragement from others, your romantic and dreamy nature can easily lead you into love affairs.

95% spot on, with some exceptions.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

This pretty much describes me to a tee, except for "You love change...".

I just bumped this up too.

The first name of Julianne gives you a dynamic and highly strung nature. You have a humanitarian and principled side to your character and will go out of your way to help someone if you feel there is injustice or unfairness. You often become involved in situations without any thought of the consequences. You are basically seeking truth in life and have a very analytical and questioning mind. Being perceptive and intuitive, you often respond to your hunches, which can lead you into bitter experiences. You love change, travel, and new opportunities and dislike monotonous detail. Though you show enthusiasm over a new-found interest, you seldom finish the things you start. If you are repressed or restricted in any way, you become frustrated, moody, and depressed. You often speak directly and can be cutting and sarcastic. You experience many disappointments with people, for you trust others and take them at their word, only to be let down. In time, you could become cynical and extremely critical towards people. Your driving, seeking nature and intensity of feelings could cause you to experience nervous breakdowns, nervous problems, fits, goitre, or a weak and sensitive solar plexus. An impulsiveness could cause you to be accident prone.

Holy cow. IF I add my middle name, it describes another aspect of my personality really well, too. This is so accurate, it's weird

The name of @@@@@@@ creates an easy-going, good-natured personality, meeting and mixing easily. You appreciate the company of others, to the point that you do not like to be by yourself for very long. You are gifted with natural expression, both verbal and musical, but you would find it tedious to study music and practice theory. Anything that involves concentration or just plain hard work, you prefer to avoid as best you can. Although you have many creative, original ideas, procrastination is your worst enemy because you can seldom make decisions and carry them out.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Isn't this weird -- how true it is...
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey
    Your first name of David has given you a very practical, hard-working, systematic nature.

not really, but this is as close as they get to my personality

Your interests are focused on technical, mechanical, and scientific things, rather than interests of an artistic, musical, or social nature.

Definitely not, I am very musical, and I hate science

You tend to be skeptical outlook on life and rather materialistic standards.

not sure that's proper grammar, but I definitely don't have a skeptical outlook, or materialistic standards by any stretch of the imagination, I shop at second hand stores for goodness sake!

In reaching your goals, you are very independent and resourceful, patient and determined.

depends on the day I guess

You can be so very positive and definite in your own ideas and opinions that others sense a lack of tact and friendliness in your manner of expression.

I think I am very tactful, and think very carefully before I say something (online however, I have been known to come across as tactless, simply because I'm slightly sarcastic, and people don't pick up on that easily)

So for the most part it was a huge giant load of bull-oney.

Your name has given you tenacity of purpose and has made you extremely independent. Whatever you undertake, you approach from your own point of view, and others either have to conform to your ideas or go their own way and leave you to work things out for yourself. You are so narrowly focused in your pursuits that you frequently overlook the little personal considerations and attentions that create a bond of understanding and sense of companionship. Thus it is difficult for you to merge your efforts harmoniously with others.

um yeah, unfortunately right on the money. I have enough friends I dont need to make new ones, especially at work
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast