+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What does your actual name mean?

The name of Tara has created a congenial nature with the desire to associate in friendship and understanding both socially and in the business world. Peaceful and settled conditions appeal to you and you are naturally desirous of having the security of a home, where your life could follow a definite pattern, and where you would not have to make major decisions. You find it difficult to take a definite stand, partly because you lack confidence, and also because you dislike any issues which create dissension between people. Procrastination is a weakness of your nature, causing an inability always to complete your plans or to concentrate for long. You need to see a concept presented completely in detail before you can understand it, and if you cannot understand it, you come to your own conclusion and often fail to listen to and reason out another's point of view. You resist being forced into change and could become almost impervious to new ideas. You desire refinement, understanding, and appreciation, yet sometimes your outward attitude does not reveal your innermost feelings, and thus you have never felt truly understood. Your name has given you a desire for heavy, rich foods, which cause sluggish digestion. You could suffer with constipation, stomach, or intestinal disorders, or disturbances in the fluid functions of the body.

Have I mentioned I hate my name?
    You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you. - Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

As Christine you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges. Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony. As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks. Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things. You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself. You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence. You do not find contentment in the routine tasks and responsibilities that are associated with home and family or with administrative detail in the business world, so you have to guard against frustration and even moods of depression over your personal responsibilities. The restlessness this name creates could find an outlet in caustic, irritable expression. Also, the intensity of your nature could result in tension in the solar plexus causing stomach trouble and, because you take your responsibilities seriously you could experience much worry.

Wow. This is very true.

Hmmm. the part about name giving self-confidence which results in better sales skills is weird though. Like, "Yes! My name is Christine! And since my name is Christine, you WILL buy this product from me whether you like it or not! Mwhahahhaha!"
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Your name makes you easy-going and refined, but detracts from your physical vitality. You desire all the finer things in life--lovely clothes, home, furniture, and environment. However, procrastination is your worst enemy, and you find yourself lacking the ambition to make your dreams a reality. People are inclined to take advantage of your sympathetic, tractable nature. You naturally attract people with problems who seek your understanding and advice. You can give good advice although it is unlikely that you would follow it yourself. You would be most successful in situations where you can use your skills in diplomacy in handling people, but where you are not under pressure or required to carry responsibility and make decisions. It is difficult for you to be individual and make your own decisions, for you lack self-confidence. Your desire for sweet, rich foods could cause overweight, circulatory problems, or weakness in the kidneys.

This sounds a lot like the description of my sun sign Libra. Very interesting.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

FORT Fan
    Octobergirl, so what is your first name?

Your first name of Donna has made you happiest when you are expressing in some creative, artistic way, and not conforming to strict routine. In a large group of comparative strangers, you are quiet and rather shy, unable to express yourself, not really wanting to become involved in conversation. On the other hand, among friends with whom you feel at ease, you are expressive, witty and quite charming. These contrasting natures make it difficult for people to understand you and can lead to friction in your personal life. You are deep, philosophical, and refined, but your extremely sensitive nature causes you to become depressed and self-pitying over any real or imagined slight. If you are not careful, people take advantage of your generous nature. You find the beauties of nature, fine music, art and literature - all the deeper things of life - inspiring. The reserved, sensitive side of your nature brings aloneness and friction into your life, although you crave affection and understanding. You must guard against emotional excesses, which could result in depletion of energy, creating a desire for quick-energy foods. You could suffer through skin irritations, blood conditions, back trouble, and later through arthritis. Heart, lung or bronchial weaknesses could also result.

This is more true of me in my youth, have grown out of the "depressed/self-pitying" for the most part. My husband has also taught me how not to let others take advantage of you. I already have a heart murmur, a slipped disc or something in my back, have had bronchitis as a kid and have had achy joints lately. Hoping that's the end to those health predictions.

Some of it is very true ok most of it is true....notice I have the same as Christina. I'm sure names fall into groups......

Your first name of Nancy has made you a friendly, approachable, and generous person. Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be blunt and sarcastic. As you are naturally talkative, you find it easy to meet and make friends with many people. This name inclines you to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances. You can be firm, positive, and independent in your own ideas and in reaching your own decisions, yet when it comes to taking action or following things through to completion, you often need encouragement. You respond quickly to kind words or any appreciation shown you. There are artistic, creative abilities in this name that you could express through music or singing, or, in a practical way, through sewing or interior decorating. You enjoy freedom from monotony and are stimulated by unexpected opportunities for meeting people, entertaining, or pursuing activities of a carefree nature. In your work, you find it difficult to be neat and orderly. You rarely plan things ahead of time, or follow a routine. Emotion and feeling, the desire to be carefree, friendly, and happy, are the driving forces in your being, rather than shrewdness, ambition, and material success. You could experience headaches, or problems with your teeth, ears, eyes, or sinuses. Health weaknesses relative to the functioning of the liver could appear.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

NOT ME AT ALL

Your name creates a desire to be of service to others, but its practicality and attention to detail restrict spontaneity. This name creates much frustration, nervous tension, and personal unhappiness because you are not able to realize your ambitions and ideals. You desire your life to be orderly and systematized and you keep your surroundings neat and tidy, but others often see you as fussy over little things. You are a patient person and you will work hard one step at a time to accomplish your endeavours. You tend to be thorough in building a solid foundation of fact and logic, but are not inclined to pursue inspirational or creative expression as in music or the arts. As you have modest ambitions, you are content to live from day to day and to save for your future. You budget carefully and do not believe in frivolous spending. You appreciate a settled home environment that permits you to show your love for friends and family through what you do for them rather than having to express your feelings in words. Friction in association could result if you are critical of those who do not live up to your regard for system and detail. Your health could be asffected by disorders affecting the intestinal tract.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

that was the nickname I've been called since I was two... with my actual given name I got:

The name brings opportunities for success in business and financial accumulation. It fires you with ambition and promotional ideas, ideas that are original, progressive, and large-scale. With this name, success to you is a foregone conclusion, for you cannot conceive any reason for not reaching all your goals, as you have self-sufficiency, supreme confidence, boundless energy, and enthusiasm. As long as you have a sense of freedom from monotony and drudgery, and can see progress being made, you feel buoyant and optimistic. However, obstacles and frustration can give rise to feelings of impatience, intolerance, and depression. The ever-present desire to progress does not allow you proper relaxation or the proper expression of the softer feminine qualities of sympathy, encouragement, and affection. Others see you as rather shrewd and calculating. Your intense, restless nature can bring on tension which affects the solar plexus and digestion, or the female organs.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

This is soooo not me...

Your first name of Jan has given you a studious nature, and the ability to concentrate on whatever you are doing...
    yeah, for maybe 5 minutes, max..

You could excel in mathematics or in positions where persistence, independence, and individuality are required.
    Hmm, math well...I'm really good at it as long as I don't have to do it the way other people expect me to. I have my own math and I'm all about independence and individuality. OK, this remark is true.

In personal associations, a lack of finesse in verbal expression often creates misunderstandings with others, especially with those close to you, because you find it difficult and embarrassing to express depth of feeling when situations arise requiring diplomacy, understanding, and affection.
    Waaaay, so not true! My humor isn't misunderstood as much as it is so left-field most don't get it but sheeesh...

Others may often find you reserved and aloof, when actually you desire love and understanding.
    Everyone knows I desire love and understanding. I'm very touchy-feely.

This name creates a withdrawn, reserved nature. You feel very alone at times and find it difficult to merge with others in a happy, relaxed manner.
    Like in a chat room or something? This is so off it's funny

You could suffer with head tension, or any weakness relative to the heart, lungs, or bronchial organs.
    Oh, puhleeesseee...Again, so not me :rolleyes:

Maybe I was switched at birth. Looks like my name should have been Tania

My horoscope is the same way. Couldn't be more unlike me. I'm a cosmic freak.

I saw Cali put in her nickname which didn't fit but in my case it does. This isn't so much a nickname... it isn't used all the time...
    Anyway, MUCH more like me.

Your first name of Janie has given you a responsible, expressive, inspirational, and friendly personality. Expression comes naturally to you and you are rarely at a loss for words; in fact, you have to put forth effort at times to curb an over-active tongue. Self-confidence has made it easy for you to meet people and you are well-liked for your spontaneous, happy ways. You sincerely like people and do not often experience loneliness; your work and home-life are likely filled with association You enjoy music and could have a fine singing voice; however, the study could be somewhat difficult because you do not find it easy to apply yourself to concentrated study for long periods. In this respect, this name is not altogether constructive; it creates a somewhat scattering influence which makes it difficult for you to finish what you start. This name brings disappointments and emotional involvements through being too sympathetic and easily influenced. As a result of your active nature, you have an appetite for quick-energy foods, which you could consume to excess. Health weakness appear as skin conditions, or as ailments relative to the liver.
    Only caveat being I eat very healthy, don't like junk foods and have an excellent liver.

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I love that name! Tania is such a beautiful and unique name!
    Thanks... I absolutely hate it.

I've been meaning to ask, how do you pronounce your soon to be born daughter's name? Like Jan-AY? I knew a girl who spelt her name similiar, but it was pronounced Jan-AY-a.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast