+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What would you give up first?

FORT Newbie
    I would say pride too. Looks like almost everyone is agreeing to this answer, so how about we pose another 3 to choose from?

Which of the following would you give up first?

1. Your sight
    2. Your hearing
    3. Your sense of touch
    Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life

FORT Fogey
    I'm not sure what i'd give up in the original question but for the above question i'd got with touch.

FORT Newbie
    Whoops I forgot to pick one myself. I would give up my sense of touch 1st.
    Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life

I think I would give up my sense of sight first.

Here are my reasons:
    1. I couldn't stand not being able to never feel a hug or a kiss or the closeness to someone else for the rest of my life.
    2. I'm a musician and I would feel helpless if I couldn't hear anymore.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I would give up my sense of touch first

Compassion for me, it's easier to let go of something that is so emotionally bounding.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

For the first question - pride.

Second question - I'd have to go with greenflute and agree with sight.
    You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you. - Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist

I would give up hearing. I figure I can learn sign languge, there is closed captioning on TV. I could read what others write to me. I can look at stuff on the computer. I like to read too much to give up my sight. Giving up touch would be scary, you would never know what could harm you then (such as scalding yourself because you couldn't tell the water was too hot) or losing the pleasure of kissing.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Probably sight - I couldn't take not being able to feel my husband and my soon-to-be baby and my parents and to be able to hold people. And I love hearing my husband's voice and talking to my friends and being able to hear music, especially my husband singing, so I would choose sight...

FORT Fan
    I wouldn't miss not being able to hear as much as not being able to see. You have more freedom with your sight over hearing.

It's easier to close your eyes if you don't want to see something, but it's more difficult to "shut off" your hearing if you don't want to listen to something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast