FORT Fan
    Your Brain Usage Profile

Auditory : 58%
    Visual : 41%
    Left : 38%
    Right : 61%

I got the same summary as AnnaRHR.

Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    This was WAY off. I'm extremely anal and organized, although I am also open-minded. I don't understand how they could have drawn this conclusion from my answers...

With regards to your lifestyle, you have the mentality which would be good as a philosopher, writer, journalist, or instructor, or possibly as a systems designer or social worker. Perhaps most important is your ability to "listen to your inner voice" as a mode of skipping over unnecessary steps to achieve your goals.
    hmmmm
    given that I know you are a social worker headed for her Phd, they must of gotten some of this right. Maybe you act "anal" to over come how your thought processes work?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Auditory : 35%
    Visual : 64%
    Left : 64%
    Right : 35%
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I got the same summary like Anna.

Auditory : 53%
    Visual : 46%
    Left : 42%
    Right : 57%

I think this is true.

You are emotional in your reactions and perceptual more than logical in your approach, although you can impose structure and a language base when necessary.

I like this.

Your tendency to be creative and free-flowing is accompanied by sufficient ability to organize and be logical, allowing you a reasonable degree of success in a number of different endeavors. You take in information methodically and systematically which can then be synthesized rapidly. In this manner, you manage to function consistently well, although certainly less efficiently than you desire.

You prefer the abstract and are a theoretician at heart while retaining the ability to be practical. You find the symbolism in a great deal of what you encounter and are something of a "mystic."

With regards to your lifestyle, you have the mentality which would be good as a philosopher, writer, journalist, or instructor, or possibly as a systems designer or social worker. Perhaps most important is your ability to "listen to your inner voice" as a mode of skipping over unnecessary steps to achieve your goals.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Rox
    riding through Paris with the warm wind in my hair
    VERY COOL test indeed!

seems we have a lot of left- brainers here

Your Brain Usage Profile

Auditory : 46%
    Visual : 53%
    Left : 38%
    Right : 61%

Rox, you possess an interesting balance of hemispheric and sensory characteristics, with a slight right-brain dominance and a slight preference for visual processing.

Since neither of these is completely centered, you lack the indecision and second-guessing associated with other patterns. You have a distinct preference for creativity and intuition with seemingly sufficient verbal skills to be able to translate in any meaningful way to yourself and others.

You tend to see things in "wholes" without surrendering the ability to attend to details. You can give them sufficient notice to be able to utitlize and incorporate them as part of an overall pattern.

In the same way, while you are active and process information simultaneously, you demonstrate a capacity for sequencing as well as reflection which allows for some "inner dialogue."

All in all, you are likely to be quite content with yourself and your style although at times it will not necessarily be appreciated by others. You have sufficient confidence to not second-guess yourself, but rather to use your critical faculties in a way that enhances, rather than limits, your creativity.

You can learn in either mode although far more efficiently within the visual mode. It is likely that in listening to conversations or lecture materials you simultaneously translate into pictures which enhance and elaborate on the meaning.

It is most likely that you will gravitate towards those endeavors which are predominantly visual but include some logic or structuring. You may either work particularly hard at cultivating your auditory skills or risk "missing out" on being able to efficiently process what you learn. Your own intuitive skills will at times interfere with your capacity to listen to others, which is something else you may need to take into account.
    "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by somebody else's rules, while quietly playing by your own."

Originally posted by blindart
    Auditory : 7%
    Visual : 11%
    Left : 2%
    Right : 2%

22% whoa... what happened to the rest of you? :

Must be too smart for the test!
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

I figured it was testing how much of my noggin I was using.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234