+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brain Usage Profile

, I didn't know what to make of mine, as there were no pictures

Knowing I'm in such good company is making me smile
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

gosh, all of these fairly equal scores are sure making me feel like I am strange!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Your Brain Usage Profile

Auditory : 46%
    Visual : 53%
    Left : 52%
    Right : 47%

You are a well-rounded person, distinctly individualistic and artistic, an active and multidimensional learner. At the same time, you are logical and disciplined, can operate well within an organization, and are sensitive towards others without losing objectivity. You are organized and goal-directed. Although a "thinking" individual, you "take in" entire situations readily and can act on intuition.

You sometimes tend to vacillate in your learning styles. Learning might take you longer than someone of equal intellect, but you will tend to be more thorough and retain the material longer than those other individuals. You will alternate between logic and impulse. This vacillation will not normally be intentional or deliberate, so you may experience anxiety in situations where you are not certain which aspect of yourself will be called on.

With a slight preference for visual processing, you tend to be encompassing in your perceptions, process along multidimensional paths and be active in your attacking of situations or learning.

Overall, you should feel content with your life and yourself. You are, perhaps, a little too critical of yourself -- and of others -- while maintaining an "openness" which tempers that tendency. Indecisiveness is a problem and your creativity may not be in keeping with your potential. Being a pragmatist, you downplay this aspect of yourself and focus on the more immediate, obvious and the more functional

it's very true- all of it except that part about being organized. sigh

Pretty fascinating outcome. Maybe this is why I wanted to double-major in Math and English in college. Or why I'm a computer programmer who wants to write novels.

-----
    Your Brain Usage Profile

Auditory : 50%
    Visual : 50%

Paul, you are one of those rare individuals who are perfectly "balanced" in both your hemispheric tendencies and your sensory learning preferences. However, there is both good news and bad news.

A problem with hemispheric balance is that you will tend to feel more conflict than someone who has a clearly established dominance. At times the conflict will be between what you feel and what you think but will also involve how you attack problems and how you perceive information. Details which will seem important to the right hemis- phere will be discounted by the left and vice versa, which can present a hindrance to learning efficiently.

In the same vein, you may have a problem with organization. You might organize your time and/or space only to feel the need to reorganize five to ten weeks later.

On the positive side, you bring resources to problem-solving that others may not have. You can perceive the "big picture" and the essential details simultaneously and maintain the cognitive perspective required. You possess sufficient verbal skills to translate your intuition into a form which can be understood by others while still being able to access ideas and concepts which do not lend themselves to language.

Your balanced nature might lead you to second-guess yourself in artistic endeavors, losing some of the fluidity, spontaneity and creativity that otherwise would be yours.

With your balanced sensory styles, you process data alternately, at times visually and other times auditorially. This usage of separate memories may cause you to require more time to integrate information or re-access it. When presented with situations which force purely visual or purely auditory learning, increased anxiety is likely and your learning efficiency will decrease.

Your greatest benefit is that you can succeed in multiple fields due to the great plasticity and flexibility you possess.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Mr. Perfection
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Your Brain Usage Profile

Auditory : 35%
    Visual : 64%

And the same text as LoveyLydz. (I suppose you deleted the first paragraph from you quote?)

One thing to complain, it states I am organized, and I specifically answered if I could change one thing about myself, I would like to be organized (I am as disorganized as they possibly come). Whats up with that? :

edit: That first paragraph I had was:
    johanna, you exhibit an even balance between left- and right- hemisphere dominance and a slight preference for visual over auditory processing. With a score this balanced, it is likely that you would have slightly different results each time you complete this self-assessment quiz.
    So, what I got from that was, humbug! They already found an excuse why I could not complain to them if I'd take the test a second time.
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 06-11-2003 at 06:53 PM.

Your Brain Usage Profile

Auditory : 58%
    Visual : 41%
    Left : 77%
    Right : 22%

(Does it show that my left brain really is dominant if the first thing I noticed about those numbers is that the sets don't add up to 100?)

[Ducky], your results indicate a strong left-hemisphere dominance with a mild preference for auditory processing. This blend would suggest that you are an extremely efficient person, logical perhaps to an extreme. You tend to structure your life and learning in very precise ways.

You benefit from experience, seek the rational in situations and feel most comfortable with routine.

You are a detail person. You see each piece of a puzzle or situation with equal clarity and value, and thrive on your ability to fit each piece into a unifying structure.

Your learning style tends toward the auditory, which suggests that you process inputs sequentially and classify each before moving on to the next. You do, however, possess sufficient visualization skills and interest to supplement the auditory tendency and render you more active than a person who is purely auditory.

In all likelihood you will be somewhat reserved in appreciating your own talents and understate your abilities even to yourself. You will organize your time and set schedules for yourself and, in that sense, lose sight of spontaneity and other needs - both of yourself and others. Your enviable organization, structure, and efficiency make you a valuable asset to a team effort.

Auditory : 60%
    Visual : 40%
    Left : 55%
    Right : 44%

Dagny, you are mildly left-hemisphere dominant while showing a slight preference for auditory processing. This overall combination seems to indicate a well-working blend of logic and judgment and organization, with sufficient intuition, perception and creativity to balance that dominance.

You will at times experience conflict between how you feel and what you think which will generally be resolved in favor of what you think. You will find yourself interested in the practical applications of whatever material you have learned or whatever situation you face and will retain the ability to refine whatever knowledge you possess or aspects of whatever position you are in.

By and large, you will orient yourself toward intellectual activities and structure. Though not rigid, you will schedule yourself, plan, and focus on routine and continuity of operations, rather than on changes and disruptions

When changes or disruptions occur, you are likely to consider first how to ensure that such disruptions do The same balance is reflected in your sensory preference. You will tend to be reflective and measured in your interaction style. For the most part, you will be considered objective without being cold and goal-oriented while retaining the capacity to listen to others.

Preferentially you learn by listening and maintaining significant internal dialogues with yourself. Nevertheless, you have sufficient visualization capabilities to benefit from using graphs, charts, doodles, or even body movement to enhance your comprehension and memory.

To the extent that you are even implicitly aware of your hemispheric dominance and sensory style, you will feel most comfortable in those arenas which emphasize verbal skills and logic. Teaching, law, and science are those that stand out among the professions, along with technical sales and management.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    HMMMMMMMMM. I guess I have always been organized and detail-oriented in my career, but not my private life.

Auditory : 80%
    Visual : 20%
    Left : 62%
    Right : 37%

Jewels, you are somewhat left-hemisphere dominant with a strong preference for auditory processing. This would normally indicate that you are a methodical and efficient person.

You may structure your free time as a way of getting the most out of it, but you are sufficiently loose enough to wander away from your schedule on occasion. Nobody, however, would call you impulsive.

Your auditory learning style is well-fitted with your attention to detail. Those situations where only visual data are provided could be frus- trating to you and your learning curve may go down as your anxiety goes up, unless you have "compensated."

In general you prefer to focus on one thing at a time while learning and give all of your concentration to that. You do not shift gears unneces- sarily and may get frustrated when others do so. Your learning style is very much language-based and logical. In that regard, you concentrate on the functional and the applied aspects of problems or situ- ations. You learn by listening and feel most comfortable in those situations emphasizing logic and consistency. You pace yourself in a consistent manner in both learning and work.

One danger that you might face is that you will over organize and over schedule and thus not generally experience spontaneity, and will lose sight of your own needs. In a similar vein you will not "see" others' needs, but will need them to "tell" you. Even though efficient and organized, you may not feel liked or appreciated. In much the same way, you may need someone to "tell" you to lighten up or look at the brighter side of things.

The overall indication is that you will be steady and reflective, be explicit in your approach to situations and have sufficient flexibility to apply different mental operations in those situations calling for them. You can see the "larger picture" and perceptual process in a simulta- neous way although it is likely that you will then "translate" that experience into a more systematic and unidimensional category for subsequent usage.

Hmmm...I was all set to get into this test. There were so many questions that I wanted to answer "none of the above" to though and there were several questions that I felt pretty equally comfortable with multiple answers. When my first test came back totally lopsided with analysis that was completely ridiculous for my personality, I changed a couple of my answers and got something completely different, but equally ridiculous. I give up.

Oh - and the two descriptions were exactly the same as Ducky and Kylie's.

Your Brain Usage Profile
    Auditory : 33%
    Visual : 66%
    Left : 70%
    Right : 29%

Your Brain Usage Profile
    Auditory : 60%
    Visual : 40%
    Left : 77%
    Right : 22%
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast