+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Future FORTcons?

FORT Fogey

Re: Future FORTcons?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3303670;
    I always thought Atlanta was cheap to fly into. Considering that if you fly anywhere on the east side of the US, you have to change planes in Atlanta. In fact it's an OLD joke that if you die on this side of the Mississippi river, no matter if you go to heaven or hell, you have to change in Atlanta.
    I spent about 8 years booking many many many flights from Ohio to Atlanta before I moved. I can tell you from experience that it all depends on the time of year, and when you book the flights. During spring break, you cannot get a good fare for ANYTHING to Atlanta. It's because all of the flights you're talkinga bout that fly through Atlanta are full, to get people to other spring break destinations. As soon as you get through that window, a couple of week after Easter, the prices go down again. Holidays are expensive unless you book about 6 months out. But off-peak times, if you're booking far enough out, it is very cheap. However, I would guess that if you're travelling from somewhere not served by Delta or Air Tran, that may not be the case.

How nice it wouldbe to meet some of my fellow FORTers.. I wish there was a cheap way to make it happen!

Maybe some day

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'd love to go to atlanta because i have another internet friend that lives there, so i'd have double the reason to visit.

the only problem is, it would need to be during my already scheduled vacations ... which, at the moment, i can't remember when they are. if i remember, i'll check when i go back to work on monday.

This might be more expensive but I think a cruise would be really fun. The nice thing about those is that everything is included. All you need is to get a flight and have spending money. Also, I've never been on a cruise before and I have another really weird and stupid reason for it. I'm the little sister and the only one not married yet and even though I'm 32 my family freaks out at the mention of me going on a trip by myself. I tried to go to Dallas for 2 days a couple of years ago to see some friends I went to high school with and they went nuts! Dallas is only a 4 hour drive from OKC and I know it really well but whatever! I'm rather independent and have attempted trips on my own but my parents, and mostly my sister go completely ballistic so I haven't done it because I don't want to upset them. They have said they would feel differently about a cruise though.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

MRD

drinks aren't covered in cruises. Not even soft drinks. They are extra

But a cruise would be fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Um...I vote NO cruise--sorry, but I can't abide the thought of being trapped on a ship with crappy entertainment and the likelihood of gaining 5 more pounds...yes, I'm an ass, but thought I'd express my vote.
    By the way, stacerace, ignore your family and get out there. I've been going by myself at least once a year since I turned 40, and wish I'd started sooner. I always have fun and come home more relaxed on my alone trips--and have never had anything bad happen that wouldn't have occurred anyway--and even that has only happened once; unfortunately last week on the last day of my Belize vacation my Achilles tendon busted 2/3 of the way through, taking off the end of my heel bone . But, anyway, I bring that up because once again--if anyone wants to have a preplanning get together somewhere in my area, I'll be out of work for at least 10 weeks, and the first 6 won't even be taken up with rehab therapy. So--anyone want to do it ...seriously? It can even be on, gasp, the weekend now, and I CAN GO. I even found Trivia at a better place than the barbecue joint--they do it at an irish Pub near here. AND I think there are none too expensive hotels with indoor pools nearby. Anyone who is "in" for possible bar trivia with prizes, tv watching, and general hen party, contact me, I'll plan and find prices, and run it back by everyone so it will be a good time;
    PS Airtran is running a very good sale right now which includes Atlanta, if you purchase by March 5. i can do airport runs...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I'd like to be in on that. Weekends much better for me now as I"m in school on Tues. and Thur. I love trivia, BBQ, Irish Pubs and pools.

But admit it, you don't want to be trapped on a cruise ship in case some of us turn out to be total nutjobs and you can't get away from us.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

And vice versa--mostly vice versa
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

That is very true about cruises but I'm sure none of you are nutjobs I was just telling my Mom yesterday that I would like to go away for a couple of days so maybe I should, even if it's just to go to Dallas.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Yeah - having been one of the nut jobs on a previous fortcon - trust me, you don't want to be ship-locked with no where to hide. We're out there and we are scary!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast