+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Future FORTcons?

Re: Future FORTcons?

I'm all the way in California. I would love to have a yearly dinner with fellow FORTers here in Cali. With the economy the way it is right now though.......... we might have to wait until things get better to travel even here in state.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I would obviously be up for something in California. Not sure, budget wise, if I could go anywhere else at the moment. I do know that I don't volunteer to plan anything That is not my forte at all.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3247909;
    Does anybody within 100 miles of Atlanta want to get together after the holidays and start a ball rolling? Or just get together and hang?
    I'm in, but would need to know a date. I'm not off weekends like most people, but could take a day off, or could do it mid week, easy (Tuesday or Wednesday). Talk to me! We could at least get up a 1 day hen party, I would think, to plot a bigger get together.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3248256;
    I'm in, but would need to know a date. I'm not off weekends like most people, but could take a day off, or could do it mid week, easy (Tuesday or Wednesday). Talk to me! We could at least get up a 1 day hen party, I would think, to plot a bigger get together.
    I could probably make it down there to plot.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;3248223;
    I would obviously be up for something in California. Not sure, budget wise, if I could go anywhere else at the moment. I do know that I don't volunteer to plan anything That is not my forte at all.
    All of us Californian's will have to figure something out sometime next year. My budget won't even allow me to stay in a hotel here in the state!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Fortunately I seem to be somewhat "in the middle" -- I know of a FoRTER in San Diego and one in Ventura - I'm somewhere in between. I'm also close to an airport that has lots of hotels nearby for those who would want to stay overnight.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Let's all meet someplace cheap due to the economy. How about a KOA campground? All right, I'm kind of kidding about that. (Although, a big old fashioned camp out might not be too bad.) What about regional FoRTcons?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I'll drop some bait here--there is a barbecue restaurant just west of Atlanta that has TRIVIA NIGHTS on Tuesdays 7-9 Pm, and there is a Holiday Inn, La Quinta, and Sleep Inn right-there. I could do a planning session/hen party and play Trivia at the same time. I think.
    Last edited by queenb; 02-01-2009 at 08:48 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

That would be fun. But I can't do Tuesdays until after the first week of May.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I can't do Atlanta until airfares from the West Coast come way down. Or until either hubby's employer and/or the folks I contract with give cost-of-living raises and/or agree to rate increases again. (The increase in health insurance premiums and copays actually translated to an income loss for us this year.)
    I like the idea of regional FoRTcons, though . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast