+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: We're here

Premium Member
    See, I knew it Pom.. you look just like your Av.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David

NO, Jewelsy isnít sleeping and no, Stargazer isnít mad at me.
    What the hell am I doing in that picture? In my defense, I'd had a half dozen rum and cokes at that point.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    What the hell am I doing in that picture? In my defense, I'd had a half dozen rum and cokes at that point.
    Looks to me like a Marlene Dietrich moment.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I think I got caught yelling at Maggie.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    See, I knew it Pom.. you look just like your Av.
    Dang, I wish I really did look that good!!!

I'll check with Uncle David and get myself a life-sized mask like the one he made, 'cause his version of my face looks much, much better than my version of my face!!!

Don't believe Pom. She's fabulous! Her energy level is endless, and it's no wonder she offered to drive Gut to chemo...she's a very kind, generous woman.

Regarding the above picture of me with my camera...the watch on my arm is my favorite $3.00 watch. The dye from some of my shopping bags rubbed off on my arm the following day, so I removed the watch to wash my hands and arm during our travels. I ended up leaving my *bling* on the counter, which only proves the adage, whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

I know I'm going to leave someone/something out, but below are some of my favorite memories.

I had two of the best roommates ever. Pom was a delight, and it was discovered Critical and I must have been separated at birth, because we have so much in common, including owning the EXACT same toothbrush. Since Critical and I share so many of the same interests, most of my highlights can be found in her post, but you should all know she isn't as funny and darling as you'd think...she's all that and more.

Critical and I hit the art museums (yes, you read that right ) and thanks to her knowledge, I practically had my own personal tour guide. She's the only person I've museum'd with who didn't end up waiting by the exit, tapping their foot.

I had a wonderful day with Critical, Mariner, Yardgnome and SueEllenMishke Sunday, celebrating Mariner's birthday on Fremont Street and the Strip. Mariner has always been one of my favorite Forters, and now after getting to know her even better, she's earned my respect and adoration that much more. Yardgnome and SueEllen are sweet, witty ladies who really added to my Vegas experience.

I also had a great breakfast with John, Pommie, and Critical, and I was glad I finally had a chance to spend some time with John.

After giving Miss F. such a big glad-to-meet-you-finally hug Friday night, I never saw her again. I had to track her down before she left to make sure I hadn't scared the daylights out of her. She says I didn't, and was as cute and sweet as can be, but I could have sworn there was still a slight look of fear in her eyes...

Like Critical mentioned above, I was lucky enough to have dinner with many Forters Saturday and Sunday, including the Snowfamily. All three are some of the dearest, funniest people I've ever met.

Meeting Totoro, Tamera, Igota and Mr. Igota, Jewelsy, Libs, Stargazer, Paulie, Dagwood, Amanda, Uncle David, Unk, J.D., JLuvs, QueenB, the Gracies, and DiceChick, was truly a terrific experience. If I've forgotten anyone, please forgive me...I'm still dazzled by the essence of all you unique and mahvelous folks.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Well I thought I should post a little about my experience at FORTcon. I went into this not really knowing anyone that well except for SueEllen, her and I have been friends since we were little. I was so happy to find some of the greatest people gathered together for an awesome weekend!

-Friday night I got a chance to meet almost everyone briefly at the bar. I did realize later that SueEllen and I had been on the same flight as MissF and never realized it.

-Late Friday night after watching Big Brother with everyone I got to see the gorgeous men of the American Storm with SueEllen and JLuvs, it was an experience.

-Saturday I spent most of the day at the pool and was able to sit around and talk with QueenB, Unk, Libs, Jewlsey, JLuvs, Dagwood, SueEllen, Gracie, Pom, JD and the Snowies. It was so great getting to know everyone!

-Saturday night was very exciting for me because one of my main goals in Vegas was to spot a celebrity and Saturday night SueEllen and I accomplished that task. We were in Caesar's Palace getting ready to go into a restaurant when along comes Fred Durst. Very exciting!

-Saturday late night I met up with Libs and JLuvs and we were going to try and get a photo of the gnome with the American Storm guys to round out his exciting Vegas trip but we were unfortunately denied.

-Sunday was a great day in Vegas although my last. That morning I finally got to meet our wonderful administrator John.
    It was then off with Critiacal, Roseskid, Mariner and SueEllen to downtown Vegas for some cheap gambling and drinking, it was a great time. I won $50 how can I complain. After the downtown trip we headed back to the strip for some shopping and walking around. We celebrated Mariner's birthday with a dessert that was so decadent I can't even explain it. It was then off to NYNY for the rollercoaster with Critical, for a small ride it was pretty wicked.
    I had such a good time getting to know Critical, Mariner, and Roseskid on Sunday, they are some of nicest, funny, and wonderful people to be around. They helped to make the weekend so great.

The weekend was awesome and I can't wait for FORTcon III.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I have to agree - I've never met such a nice group of people! Ever! You know how there's "one in every bunch" that is ornery and cantancerous (and can't spell) - well not one person fit that bill. Uh oh - don't they say if you look around and don't see that person that it is probably you? I tried to be less cantanc...bitc...snarky than usual. I'm not even going to try to name names, I know I'll forget to add someone. Some people were exactly as I imagined them to be - and others really surprised me. In a good way!

The American Storm show was a hoot - I wish cameras were allowed - although I'm not sure I'd want to see myself drunk off my ass sitting on a bean bag chair (pink fur, no less) getting a lap dance on stage. Etiquite question: was I supposed to toss the guy a few dollar bills? Cuz I didn't. Ooops.

Kidnapping Unk was fun, too. I wanted to show him the fun stuff at Caesars, so we started at FAO Schwartz - I love the three-story Trojan Horse in there. They also have the great big floor piano from the movie 'Big', but I couldn't coerce Unk to play a tune with me. But he bought me dinner, so I forgave him. We also tossed around the idea of getting married, but we weren't drunk enough at the time. Maybe next year?

The Coyote Ugly bar was rowdy and fun, too, although no one would go with me. I got the requisite shot poured in my mouth by one of the bar maids (are they still called bar maids?) - and now my life is complete.

I don't like to gamble in Vegas - I'm surprised at how many people won down there! (this means you queenb!! ) So even though I didn't lose any money gambling, I still got home with one dollar. And a couple of dimes.

J.D! You should have been at FAO with me. I jumped right on the piano to try to play it. We could have tried a duet. Sadly, though, it wasn't working at the time and I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. I was SO disappointed.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    J.D! You should have been at FAO with me. I jumped right on the piano to try to play it. We could have tried a duet. Sadly, though, it wasn't working at the time and I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. I was SO disappointed.

Well, I was jumping a tad hard on the keys....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456