+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 172

Thread: So who is coming to FORTCON2?

  1. #11
    For Your Entertainment lobeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,903
    At this point, I'm a definite maybe or a tentative yes.

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey joeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Posts
    3,748
    I am on a very high solid maybe and a good low definate yes, just hope the health holds and I don't need an operation tween then and now

  3. #13
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    5,968
    I am a yes.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  4. #14
    From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    in the middle of the Monsoons
    Posts
    11,829
    I'm a solid, no turning back yes!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

  5. #15
    Can They Do It?? mrdobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Miami of Canada
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Dobs, it'd be nice to shake your hand and drink a beer(?) with you, but how did you arrive at those percentages? I mean, those are pretty scientific.
    It'll be great to shake your hand too, Phat! And meet everyone too! And I'll drink some beer....and some bourbon...probably some white russians, or maybe a couple of $15 mimosas. And there's gambling in Vegas, right?

    As far as how I came up with those percentages, I've come to realize in my life that nothing is 100%...However, 100% of me loves Vegas, 100% of me loves the FORT, and I figure there's a 3% chance something could come up/happen/not work out for my attending of FORTcon, so yeah, 97%. As for the girlfriend, well, she's a grad student, and who knows what she might have to do that weekend. So, 100% I want her to go, but take away 15% for the random events that define being a student.

    actually, I just tossed some high percents out there, but I like y'all thinking I'm "scientific"
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

    It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

  6. #16
    Hockey is life! EvaLaruefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Montreal,Canada
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,209
    I hope you all have a great time, I wish I could come.
    Any Vegas donations welcome (just kidding)

  7. #17
    clap clap clap sleepysluggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    in oblivion
    Posts
    1,402
    *looks on in jealousy*

  8. #18
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    As far as how I came up with those percentages, I've come to realize in my life that nothing is 100%...However, 100% of me loves Vegas, 100% of me loves the FORT, and I figure there's a 3% chance something could come up/happen/not work out for my attending of FORTcon, so yeah, 97%. As for the girlfriend, well, she's a grad student, and who knows what she might have to do that weekend. So, 100% I want her to go, but take away 15% for the random events that define being a student.
    That's freaking hilarious.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  9. #19
    Wonky snarkmistress Lucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Playing kickball for the beer
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,870
    I'm a "hopefully and probably."
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

  10. #20
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    15,637
    I'll definitely be there!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.