+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortcon II - September 16-18, 2005

*fingers crossed for Vegas*

*promises not to play poker for 24 straight hours and miss the whole dang FORTCon*
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Premium Member
    It would be so much fun, I would really like to see if I can come and meet you all. Looks like we could have a huge party for all the September birthdays.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Assuming this doesnt interfere with my planned trip to Burning Man this year, I'm there.

Not that anyone knows me, or is particularly moved by this info.
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

The more the merrier JoeMadre...isn't Burning Man usually a little earlier? You can make it!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    Assuming this doesnt interfere with my planned trip to Burning Man this year, I'm there.

Not that anyone knows me, or is particularly moved by this info.
    O.k......have to ask.....what is Burning Man? Sorry if this is a stupid question!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

an event, from what I understand... found this
    http://www.burningman.com/
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    *fingers crossed for Vegas*
    At my house, we have fingers and paws crossed for Vegas!

Cute image Pomeraniac. It's like the painting that comes before Dogs Playing Poker.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhora
    Cute image Pomeraniac. It's like the painting that comes before Dogs Playing Poker.

Hey Zhora, if you click on my profile pic you'll see my two current dogs, and I'm wondering if I ought to lug my little 6 lb. black Pom with me to FORTCon, a la Paris Hilton or Brittany Spears or (even more accurately) Sharon Osbourne.

He's just a handful and he'd be the perfect accessory and I'm sure he'd love to go. In fact the more I look at both dogs, the more I notice that HE'S the one with his paws crossed for Vegas more than the other!

On the other hand, it just dawned on me that the real reason he's got his paws crossed for Vegas is so I'll go far away for a few days, and Vegas is pretty darned far from Boston!

Yeah, that's got to be the real reason there are so many crossed paws in the Pomeraniac House these days!

Anyway, I hope I'll meet you there and I hope you've come up with a good story (about where you'll be that weekend) for your coworkers by now!!
    Last edited by Pomeraniac; 03-19-2005 at 06:43 PM.

FORT Fogey
    John:

Since you have not announced a location, I was going to suggest New York, since that would allow a huge number of those who live in the Northeast Corridor (Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Baltimore-Washington) to get there easily without flying or simply taking one of the shuttles common in these parts if they do fly (which is a 1 hour-90 minute flight at worst).

The weather in mid-September is usually very good in New York, with highs in the mid-70s and lows around 60 or so.

Also, perhaps we could include a day at Belmont Park if it were in New York, with if so that being Saturday, September 17 or Sunday, September 18, depending on when the major Breeders' Cup prep races are scheduled (which television will dictate, and they will be bigger than normal in New York this year since Belmont is also the host of the Breeders' Cup, the championship day in the sport on Saturday, October 29).

Thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread