+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortcon II - September 16-18, 2005

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I like the drive from SLC to Vegas. It's just perfect. Just enough time to go thru my favorite CDs (not all of them by the same artist. *ahem* ) - this probably sounds really silly, but about half-way between here and Vegas there is a Chevron gas station in Beaver. They have a HUGE rocking chair and it's sort of a tradition to stop and take your picture in the big chair. (It's always the best time to fill up the tank anyway.)

If I was in Beaver I don't think it would be to have my picture taken in a rocking chair.

Or, Dinahann, do like me and jump on AirTran; cheap, and you can get a head start on the drinking
    Maybe we can do an air road trip; Florida folks pick a flight that stops in ATL , then Dallas Texas, and on to Vegas, baby!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    If I was in Beaver I don't think it would be to have my picture taken in a rocking chair.
    But you are forgetting one thing, Unk. This is Beaver Utah. Nothing there but that chair and pig farms.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I will definately be flying into Vegas for FORTcon. I love road trips, but I don't think a three day drive just to get there would be the best, 700 miles maybe, but not 2000. I get kind of cranky after a couple of days in the car. And I'm a real B**** for a few hours after I get to where I'm going. I have to hide and unwind (drink) to be polite in public.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

A-men Gracie, except you're tougher than I am, I have a 500 mile limit, although I like to road trip if I can fly away from here and then start driving around looking at places I've never been. Still, I limit that to 250 miles a day or so, done not more than two hours at a time without a stop for an attraction, fishing, eating or whatever.
    I'm also like you in that the first night of my vacation is best spent in a hotel, away from anyone, because I'm just not in the mood for much of anything except rest, and I can show my ass in a real hurry for not much of a reason when I get too tired. Don't worry, I'm probably going to go to Vegas that Monday or Tuesday and go to either Great Basin, Grand Canyon, or some other park for a couple of outdoorsy days before I show up for Fortcon, so the danger will be over before anyone meets me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Just for the record - I don't think I will be making it, even though I had planned on it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I'm also like you in that the first night of my vacation is best spent in a hotel, away from anyone, because I'm just not in the mood for much of anything except rest, and I can show my ass in a real hurry for not much of a reason when I get too tired.
    queenb, are we related? I wish I could be one of those folks you read about that are rarin' to go after 3 and 1/2 hours sleep. Unfortunately, sitting on my ass in an airport terminal and yawning through the flight always make me long for a bubble bath, a good book and some alone time. The only thing worse than flying is riding in a car for more than 3 hours!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    wow, you all would hate a road trip with me, I drove from cape canaveral florida to reno in four days in a tiny furniture van. the shortest day was 10 hours and the longest was 14, i only stop to gas up, food and restroom break. then on the road again.

**Calendar Cleared**

I should have my new camera under control by then. Can't wait for the sequel!

Just in case, I am bringing my walkin' shoes this time.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

+ Reply to Thread