+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Fortcon II - September 16-18, 2005

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    About what will the temperature be, David? Is it dry or humid?
    And don't forget the most important question, Uncle David -- will I win a jackpot while I'm there???

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Awesome, I'm flying out of Detroit.
    SueEllen and I are also flying out of Detroit. We could potentially all be on the plane together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    And don't forget the most important question, Uncle David -- will I win a jackpot while I'm there???
    Pom, let me consult my crystal Magic 8 Ball for you.

FORT Fogey
    But Unk remember -- I get to hang out and party with YOU, and where I come from that IS the jackpot!!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    The extended forecast has the highs in the low to mid 90s with the overnight lows in the mid to high 60s. Thatís excellent weather for Vegas. Remember, we think unbearable humidity is in the mid 20%, so what youíre getting is Ďthat dry heatí. Itís true about the dry heat. If itís in the low to mid 90s here and you arenít in direct sunlight youíll love it.

SooooÖ. What you get is early morning and evenings with 'perfect' weather while the late afternoon (when all should be napping or gambling) is the hottest time of day.

Anyone who is interested in some outdoor activities or traveling will be happy with the early morning weather. I highly recommend a hike at Red Rock Canyon (about half and hour from the Strip) for those outdoor types. If I can get these damn deadlines met I might even take you on a tour. (I used to be a hike leader at Red Rock)

Sorry Pomie, Iím afraid Unkís prediction may be correct. Luckily, Unk will be there to console you.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    Sorry Pomie, Iím afraid Unkís prediction may be correct. Luckily, Unk will be there to console you.
    You're absolutely right, Uncle David, I am indeed very lucky that Unk will be there to console me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    (I used to be a hike leader at Red Rock)
    Although, come to think of it, you sound like you could turn out be a pretty good consoler, yourself!!!!

So, are we all getting together to watch BB on Friday night? This is my first season watching, and I'm getting sucked in.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Definitely Roses. We'll need to figure out who's hotel room we'll be parking our BB-watching-asses in.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

So, really, we're going to be in Vegas on a weekend for FORTcon, and people are going to be watching BB and the Emmys? That seems like a primary reason TiVo's were invented. Me, I'm going to be gambling and drinking, and any TV-watching can wait until my plane lands back in Chicago.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Well, I won't be gambling, but I WILL be drinking... and watching BB.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread