+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortcon II - September 16-18, 2005

Oh good Lord, dagwood I may need to be a little drunk to get through that train wreck.

Note to self: Buy more projectiles to throw at TV screen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is anyone else flying NWA? I'm starting to get a little concerned...
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I am flying NWA to Vegas. I just flew them like a week ago and it was okay, no delays or anything.

That's good to know, YG, thanks. I was hoping I wouldn't run into any problems.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

For what it's worth, DH just returned from a business trip. Flew NW from Flint, MI, to Las Vegas, NV. No delays or problems there and back. Should be able to travel with confidence. He just told me that he has enough frequent flyer miles for the 2 of us to take a trip. I suggested FORTCON2 - he aint going for it. Demmit man.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    GREAT news FORTcon IIers... THE WEATHER IS FINALLY CHANGING!!!

Last night on the way home I opened the windows and turned off the air-conditioner. This is a yearly milestone.

I HATE the heat. The air-conditioner is rarely turned off in my house or car, so when I turn the car AC off and open the windows for the first time itís almost an official changing of the seasons. Iím sort of the 'Fall' Punxatony Phil of Las Vegas.

The good weather looks to hold up through next weekend.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    About what will the temperature be, David? Is it dry or humid?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Thanks, Uncle David, for posting. I'm getting so excited.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana
    For what it's worth, DH just returned from a business trip. Flew NW from Flint, MI, to Las Vegas, NV. No delays or problems there and back. Should be able to travel with confidence.
    Awesome, I'm flying out of Detroit.

He just told me that he has enough frequent flyer miles for the 2 of us to take a trip. I suggested FORTCON2 - he aint going for it. Demmit man.
    Well, that sucks. Didn't you tell him how great we all are?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    About what will the temperature be, David? Is it dry or humid?
    I don't know the temperature, guessing it will be in the 90's but it is dry.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread