+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortcon II - September 16-18, 2005

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Last year, John required that you get express permission from your subject before posting their pictures. There were a couple of people who also asked to be blurred from group photos. Just be sure to let it be known to anyone taking your picture that you don't want it posted, just to be on the safe side.
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    If you don't want to be included in pictures, you should tell anyone taking pictures in the vicinity, so that they can blur your image out of anything they may post. If you tell me, too, then I'll make sure that any pictures posted don't contain you.
    THANKS, Stargazer and John, for the reassuring info! I appreciate it.

Premium Member
    FORTcon is getting closer! I leave tomorrow for the Chicago trip that is keeping me from coming to Vegas. I've been enjoying reading about all of your plans and I can't wait to hear all about the trip when you all get back home.

Next week!

Sorry you can't be there, Marley.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Only for you all would I miss a Rockstar taping.....only for you
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

That Sunday night is the Emmy Awards - who's hosting the Emmy watching party!?

If Star Jones is doing the pre-show, we can throw things at the TV and make fun of her!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I thought we were.
    If Star Jones is doing the pre-show, we can throw things at the TV and make fun of her!
    Oooh, now you're talking. *rubs hands together in gleeful anticipation*
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Awww. I need to stay out of this thread. I really want to go, 'cause you guys sound like you'll be having tons of fun. I'm aiming for FortCon III.

Just be sure to post tons of pre-approved pics!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I thought we were.

Oooh, now you're talking. *rubs hands together in gleeful anticipation*
    Roses! Hey, here's an idea: we can charge admission and make enough money to pay for the room!

Note to self: purchase many aerodynamic, but soft, objects to hurl at TV.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Will there be a time when y'all will check in here and do some sort of a live feed with us po folk who couldn't make the trip? Ohh we would love to have yall check in - pretty pleeze?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical

Bring earplugs...they are having emmy idol

Awards show adds "Emmy Idol" contest

By LYNN ELBER

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES The Emmy Awards will be singing a different tune at this month's ceremony, and it could be a classic.

In an "American Idol"-style competition, stars and singers ranging from William Shatner to Donald Trump to Frederica von Stade will perform themes from TV series, with viewers able to pick their favorite song via online or text-message voting.

Kristen Bell ("Veronica Mars") will be the only solo performer, with her version of the "Fame" theme, while others will sing duets.

The dynamic duos announced by CBS and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the contest tagged "Emmy Idol":

William Shatner ("Boston Legal") and opera's von Stade with the theme from Shatner's 1960s series "Star Trek."

Megan Mullally ("Will & Grace") and Trump ("The Apprentice") with the "Green Acres" tune.

Gary Dourdan ("CSI: Crime Scene Investigation") and R&B artist Macy Gray with "Movin' On Up" from "The Jeffersons."

"There are certain television theme songs that are nearly as memorable as the shows connected to them," said Ken Ehrlich, the ceremony's executive producer.

"By jogging memories as well as creating wonderful moments by having them performed on this year's Emmy show, we think we're giving viewers one more reason to tune in and be entertained," Ehrlich said in a weekend statement.

The Sept. 18 ceremony on CBS will open with Earth, Wind & Fire performing its song "September" along with the Black Eyed Peas.

While music is an integral part of the Academy Awards, which feature nominated movie songs, it's not typically key to the ceremony honoring the best of television.

Meanwhile, in honor of the victims of Hurricane Katrina, Ehrlich said all Emmy presenters and performers will be given magnolias, the state flower of both Louisiana and Mississippi. In addition, he said, information will be provided throughout the three-hour telecast on how viewers can support the recovery effort.

Emmy host Ellen DeGeneres, a Louisiana native, last hosted the Emmys in 2001, when she was praised for striking just the right tone for the ceremony. It had been delayed twice after the 9/11 attacks.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread