+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Fortcon II - September 16-18, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    Ok, how come nobody told me there was an international mariachi festival along with the bikefest the weekend of Fortcon?
    Jeez gracie, you don't like surprises ? Actually I knew about the bikefest, but not the mariachis--could it be margarita time?

And yes, John they do show Pete Willcox as the "Elvis" who will be there for the afternoon shows while we're there!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    My flight gets in around (I think) 11:15, so I'll be sitting in the airport waiting for you and Pommie to show up! The Sahara will never be the same!
    That's great, Critical!!!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Jeez gracie, you don't like surprises ? Actually I knew about the bikefest, but not the mariachis--could it be margarita time?
    With or without the mariachis anytime is a good time for a margarita
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I am so bummed about not making this one and so close to home too.....please take plenty of pictures

don't you worry joe, I'll be snapping away at everything...better to be behind the camera than in front of it, getting busted!
    Of course I'm sure those of us who do take pictures will ask permission from the subjects before we post anything, at least I plan to. I might even set up a locked page just for FORTcon pics on my own website, and just give the password to all of us 'regulars".
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I'm sure those of us who do take pictures will ask permission from the subjects before we post anything, at least I plan to.
    I hope there's a good system in place to ensure that the pictures of those of us who don't want them posted don't, in fact, get posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I hope there's a good system in place to ensure that the pictures of those of us who don't want them posted don't, in fact, get posted.

Last year, John required that you get express permission from your subject before posting their pictures. There were a couple of people who also asked to be blurred from group photos. Just be sure to let it be known to anyone taking your picture that you don't want it posted, just to be on the safe side.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

If you don't want to be included in pictures, you should tell anyone taking pictures in the vicinity, so that they can blur your image out of anything they may post. If you tell me, too, then I'll make sure that any pictures posted don't contain you.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    My boyfriend and I aren't big gamblers, so I think we're going to do a day trip to the Grand Canyon and the dam, if anyone else is doing anything like that....
    The Dam is an easy day excursion. There's also an interesting mine tour not far out of the way you can add on to make it a bit more interesting.

The Grand Canyon is a different story. The North Rim takes about 4.5 hours to get to, while the South Rim takes almost 5.5 hours. You're better off trying Zion National Park which is pretty spectacular and only 2.5 hours one way.

There are a number of day trips you can take in this area. Here are some radio stories that might help...

http://www.knpr.org/ATW/detailNEW.cfm?FeatureID=1309

http://www.knpr.org/ATW/detailNEW.cfm?FeatureID=1750

http://www.knpr.org/ATW/detailNEW.cfm?FeatureID=2297

http://www.knpr.org/ATW/detailNEW.cfm?FeatureID=1435

Hope this helps.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    The Dam is an easy day excursion. There's also an interesting mine tour not far out of the way you can add on to make it a bit more interesting.

You're better off trying Zion National Park which is pretty spectacular and only 2.5 hours one way.

Hope this helps.
    Uncle David, thanks for the tips. I've been to the dam, but would be up for doing it again, and the mine tour sounds interesting. My interest is certainly peaked about Zion, too. Igotatour, I'm definitely interested in venturing out on some day trips if you guys want company.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread