+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2

The plan would be to get a discount at a single hotel, probably off-strip but near the monorail, and have people stay there if at all possible.

Being reality tv fans wouldn't we jump at the chance to stay at the Golden Nugget and meet Jim and Tim?
    rack rate - which is standard bloke off the street rate is $99/night, we could do better than that with a group rate
    Last edited by Duxxy; 10-23-2004 at 01:58 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I've never been to Vegas. This just might be my excuse depending on when it is. Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in golfing? I'm not any good and I mainly chase the beer cart, but I love to golf.

I love to golf. Would we have to go when the sun's out, though? That's my recuperation time of day...

I hear the golf balls go further in the dry air of the Nevada desert, though.

Looks like Las Vegas will win for 2005, but I will start voting Montreal for 2006. It is not always cold here, especially if you come in June/July/ August and even September is good. C'mon! Can't always be in the U.S.

Can we agree? Vegas next year and Montreal reserved for 2006? (I like to plan ahead )

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    Looks like Las Vegas will win for 2005, but I will start voting Montreal for 2006. It is not always cold here, especially if you come in June/July/ August and even September is good. C'mon! Can't always be in the U.S.

Can we agree? Vegas next year and Montreal reserved for 2006? (I like to plan ahead )
    I might have to fight for Vancouver in '06. But I really want to go to Montreal so I'll give in. Eva and I have approved it, that means Montreal in '06

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I might have to fight for Vancouver in '06. But I really want to go to Montreal so I'll give in. Eva and I have approved it, that means Montreal in '06
    What is this? The Olympics?

If we're talking about fantasy cities for FORTcon, I'll throw a few out there: San Francisco (cons: traffic, overcrowded), Boston/Cambridge (expensive), San Antonio, New Orleans (pricey, very crowded), Lake Tahoe, Los Angeles, Miami. I think a FORTcon in the South would also be a baller, but the Yankees would have their reservations...until they taste the barbecue and see the low prices. (Atlanta, Savannah, somewhere in North Carolina or my own beloved Birmingham...?)

As for fantasy locales that could never, never happen for a number of reasons: London, Paris, Tenerife, Prague, Amsterdam or a four-day cruise. Just idle thoughts that I've had...

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I think a FORTcon in the South would also be a baller, but the Yankees would have their reservations...until they taste the barbecue and see the low prices. (Atlanta, Savannah, somewhere in North Carolina or my own beloved Birmingham...?)...
    Carolina barbecue? Thanks Phat for reminding me of what I miss the most about the south.

Well, I *do* travel to Greenville SC a lot for business. That means FORTcon there could be expensed, right??

I would say, if we do Vegas in 2005, then in 2006, we need to hit something on the east-coastish area, either north or south...

Quote Originally Posted by UnkleScott
    Carolina barbecue? Thanks Phat for reminding me of what I miss the most about the south.
    Dude, PM me an address, and I'll send you a few bottles of sauce. I hate to see a good ol' boy suffering among the Damn Yankees. Tell me what style you like, though.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Well, I *do* travel to Greenville SC a lot for business. That means FORTcon there could be expensed, right??
    What do you think I'm going to tell the IRS come April of next year about FORTcon I? But ssshhh...let's keep it on the QT between us (and a couple thousand people on this board). Me = not like the idea of an audit.

IRS Agent: Sir, how do you explain a $300 bar tab in Chicago, October of last year?

Me: Business.

IRS Agent: [...] All right. Just had to ask.

+ Reply to Thread