+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.

I'm pretty sure we've established that this will be the September Birthday Bash. (September 4 )
    Mine's the 18th so it's actually during Fortcon.

And, Igota, we will indeed celebrate. It will be good to see a face I've seen in 3D before.

My vacation request was in as soon as John announced the date. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Anyone need a roommate?
    I am all for the roomate thing and I am craving a Margarita by the Yard right now.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I've been checking out prices for flights from anyplace within a two hour drive from here and the best place to leave from so far is Detroit. I will never understand the airlines. The least expensive flight has a plane change in Cleveland so I checked out leaving from Cleveland thinking it would be even cheaper. Wrong!! It's $50 more for the exact same plane. I was hoping to book my flight soon and reserve a hotel room. I like the roomie idea, but I'm told I snore and I don't wish that on anyone unless your happen to be use to the noise.

I am so looking forward to this!! Last year was great, but this time I'm on my own and what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    My vacation request was in as soon as John announced the date. Good times.
    They were good times. Best 48(?) hours of my life. My party started at the Birmingham Airport on the way out (Bloody Mary's at 11 am) and didn't stop until I collected my luggage two days later.

(Even my flight home was a ball, as the whole row on my flight craned to watch the new James Bond movie on my laptop, and I bought a round of drinks for my viewing party. )

In those 48 hours, I connected with some of the best, brightest, funniest, warmest and most considerate people I have ever met, online or off. Anyone who says that online-to-real life connections couldn't possibly happen, couldn't possibly exist, simply don't understand.

*raises cocktail glass* Here's to you, my friends, wherever you may be tonight. Until we meet again, and may that be soon, very soon.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    *raises cocktail glass* Here's to you, my friends, wherever you may be tonight. Until we meet again, and may that be soon, very soon.
    Cheers my friend!

ETA...I'm all ready for the fun cell phone game of "where are you? who are you with?" "ok where are you now, I don't see you" cause most of the folk from Chicago are still programmed in my phone Hey, ya never know when you might need one of those numbers if you get lost way away from home and are in a place where a FORT'er might live! (Well, that and cause misdialing and drunken phone calling are so much fun too)
    Last edited by libra1022; 06-09-2005 at 11:52 PM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Anyone need a roommate?
    I dunno - you got a picture?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Cheers my friend!

ETA...I'm all ready for the fun cell phone game of "where are you? who are you with?" "ok where are you now, I don't see you" cause most of the folk from Chicago are still programmed in my phone Hey, ya never know when you might need one of those numbers if you get lost way away from home and are in a place where a FORT'er might live! (Well, that and cause misdialing and drunken phone calling are so much fun too)

I forgot about all the cell phone games. My husband and I actually used to play that game when shopping at Target. I had my crap to look at and he had his interests. Worked out great. What a great inventions, these new-fangled cell phones. John's not going to require us to each bring our own GPS thingy is he?

And Libs, thanks for the "drunk-dialing" reminder. I'm going to have to have someone responsible ( from this group? ) take my phone away from me, dismantle it and hide the components - I'm a big-time drunk-dialer.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    (Well, that and cause misdialing and drunken phone calling are so much fun too)
    So you're that drunk from area code 407 that keeps calling me in the middle of the night.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32

I say that if it comes down to it, we do Fortcon 2 "Dutch." That is, you go your way and book your hotel and pay for your meals, and we'll go our way and do the same. Organize meeting spots for certain times, and if you want to be involved in this activity, you can. Otherwise, it's Las Vegas with some friends.
    I think that way you'd also get more people involved. I know if I'm lucky enough to get to go, we'd do Fortcon as the secondary reason and use the primary as a vacation for us away from the boys!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread