+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I think people would pay good money to see that, Phat.
    Why buy the cow when you'll probably get the milk for free!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I think people would pay good money to see that, Phat.
    Are you kidding me, Bravofan? Why pay for it, when you can see it for free?

onetvslave, Loved meeting you there, still remember that we sat next to each other on the Party Shuttle (TM) to Shoeless Joe's. Good times, good times.

I say that if it comes down to it, we do Fortcon 2 "Dutch." That is, you go your way and book your hotel and pay for your meals, and we'll go our way and do the same. Organize meeting spots for certain times, and if you want to be involved in this activity, you can. Otherwise, it's Las Vegas with some friends.

ETA: Dobs, you're a jinx.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I say that if it comes down to it, we do Fortcon 2 "Dutch." That is, you go your way and book your hotel and pay for your meals, and we'll go our way and do the same. Organize meeting spots for certain times, and if you want to be involved in this activity, you can. Otherwise, it's Las Vegas with some friends.
    Hey, that works for me. If anyone actually books a hotel and wants to post it here so that others (meaning me ) can check it out too, that would be great. Having a hotel in common is good for late night drinking and stumbling around.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I'm 99% sure I will be attending this years events. I LOVE vegas!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Hey, that works for me. If anyone actually books a hotel and wants to post it here so that others (meaning me ) can check it out too, that would be great. Having a hotel in common is good for late night drinking and stumbling around.

I have stayed in the Luxor .... that spoiled me rotten. Last time I was there it was the Riviera totally at the wrong end of the Strip but I got lots of excercise.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Another warning: I'll be there at that time, also. I'm not sure where we'll be staying, but I prefer something near the center of the strip. How exciting! I really do need to start working on my alcohol-tolerance skills. I've been talking the talk for way too long now.

Just wondering - would we get a better room rate if all or most of us stayed at the same place?

I've already made excuses in real life for where I'll be that weekend. I'm planning on being there for sure. I keep wondering why you people are calling it Fortcon II instead of Mariner's birthday party though.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I've already made excuses in real life for where I'll be that weekend. I'm planning on being there for sure. I keep wondering why you people are calling it Fortcon II instead of Mariner's birthday party though.

I didn't know it was your birthday...in that case, we'll definitely have to celebrate.

Anyway, I'd really like to go ahead and book everything now before prices hike , but I don't want to be the only one standing around and and watching the tumbleweeds blow by...well Vegas doesn't have tumbleweed, but if you drink enough, anything is possible.

So, if anyone is FOR SURE going, please PM me so we can coordinate location officially or unofficially endorsed by the powers that be. I love Vegas, missed out last year cuz a stinkin' divorce and if there's a party in Vegas with people I enjoy cutting up with and being a bad influence on, I can't miss it this time.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner

I'm pretty sure we've established that this will be the September Birthday Bash. (September 4 )

I'll definitely be going!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Just wondering - would we get a better room rate if all or most of us stayed at the same place?
    J.D. It'd be much more fun if we were all staying in the same place. Most hotels will give a discount if you have a big group, too. Plus, it's much easier to stumble back to your room if all you have to do is take the elevator upstairs

Anyone need a roommate?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread