+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I think for some people we really need to have a date in mind. I know some people that would go if they could schedule the days they will need off soon. The where doesn't matter as much since like Star said the people who are going to come will come no matter where it is.

(Next time, I'll make mr. grace take the night before we leave off so he's not such a grouch the first day. He's not worth much socially after he's been up for 24 hours.)
    Last edited by gracie; 11-01-2004 at 11:48 PM.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I'm with Gracie; I'm 100% "in" , no matter where it is, but I really need to have a date way in advance. I imagine there are also quite a few other people who have to post their vacations before the end of the year also, or that don't have weekends off and so it's harder for them to plan.
    Also I feel Mr Gracie's pain...I'm a night worker so in order to not have to work the night before, I'd have to have off Thursday and Friday night (and of course Friday-Sunday)...I'll quit griping about it though. I do have a weird job with weird hours, days off, and rules for selecting days off so I usually end up missing everything that's planned bey normal people who have weekends off. (Now don't everyone accuse me of calling them normal!)
    Psssstttt.....hinithinthint, someone please set a date!
    Last edited by queenb; 11-03-2004 at 12:24 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I am one of those people that would travel to Siberia to meet up with my dear friends again, but yes, having dates (even tentative ones) would help since next year my family and I are going to have a couple of important events we need to plan around.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I am actually one of those people that would very likely come to Vegas but not so likely come elsehwere. I suppose I'm an exception . I endorse Vegas!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    The guy who owns the produce company we buy from at the restaurant runs junkets to Vegas all the time. He got me a room at the Tropicana last year for $39 a night.

Last time I went to Vegas (a couple of weeks ago to see my hunny bunny ) , I found a hotel that had sort of small, but very clean rooms for $33 per night. Granted, it wasn't on the strip, but not far from it, either. I agree with who (posted above?) that Vegas isn't expensive. And if you just can stay away from the slots, you can always play nickles. The added bonus - free booze! (That should be the kingpin right there )

I'd bet if we got enough people involved early enough we could get nice rates at hotels on the strip. Excalibur and Caesar's would be my first guess. The Flamingo is a good bet - but I have a "thing" for flamingos.

I wholeheartedly vote Vegas - and will even chip in some extra moolah if the overhead is too high. I want to get a good look at you people.

ps: Oh, and a date would be great, too.
    Last edited by J.D.; 11-03-2004 at 06:30 AM.

Okay, well, I have to go to school, and I'd hate to miss some days of it, since the work piles up very quickly. So unless FORTcon2 were held in NYC, I wouldn't be able to come (unless it's held before I start school).
    Gustav Holst was right!

For the good folks that were interested, a small (12-20) contingent of alumni racers will be celebrating the premiere of #6 at the Houdini Bar at the Monte Carlo , Las Vegas on Tuesday November 16th. Stop by and watch with us if you happen to be in town, and please identify yourself as a FoRT member so at least one of the millionaires (or half-millionaires minus taxes) in attendance can buy you a drink. Racers from all previous editions will have at least 1 Representative. I believe the show starts at 9 p.m. Pacific time but we'll be there much earlier getting pre-lubed.

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATCSteve
    (or half-millionaires minus taxes)
    I knew they took a pounding by uncle sam, but didn't think it was half. Damn!!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Pssst, Ili, the teams have to split the prize, THEN pay taxes. So each racer who wins gets I'd guess around $300k.

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATCSteve
    For the good folks that were interested, a small (12-20) contingent of alumni racers will be celebrating the premiere of #6 at the Houdini Bar at the Monte Carlo , Las Vegas on Tuesday November 16th. Stop by and watch with us if you happen to be in town, and please identify yourself as a FoRT member so at least one of the millionaires (or half-millionaires minus taxes) in attendance can buy you a drink. Racers from all previous editions will have at least 1 Representative. I believe the show starts at 9 p.m. Pacific time but we'll be there much earlier getting pre-lubed.

Thanks so much for letting us know.

If my kindergarteners don't create a hurriance for me to clean up I will try and be there.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread