+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2

Sure, we could do it more than once a year. But they could run hot reality shows back-to-back, too, and you've seen the result of that (LCS3, anyone?). The truth is, dilution happens.

I think once a year is plenty enough. It's expensive, tough to plan, and quite frankly, getting me to go on a personal trip more than once a year, after all the travel I do work-wise, ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    My hometown, too, and I'm also especially fond of it. Good bars, good restaurants, great vibe...but pricey, traffic is foul and it's crowded wherever you go. (Even if it's just Chevy's on a Wednesday night.)
    Many good points, Phat. However, as San Francisco is my current hometown, I have to pipe up and say that it's not so crowded anymore. It's a bit of a ghost town compared to the Big Dotcom Boom of 1999-2002.

Also, excellent public transportation is available everywhere you turn. As a bonus, I will be more than happy to act as a tour guide if San Francisco is ever selected as a FORTcon location.

Hoping I can make it to Vegas next year.... Totoro
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    not only is cost a factor but time is also. With work and kids and what ever other day to day obligations we all have it would be difficult to attend multiple Fortcons and attendance would drop off for sure.
    Too much of a good thing turns into a bad thing Everything in moderation - even FORT.

My suggestion is mini-cons. Throw out a suggestion and have a central meeting place.
    I agree...you don't even have to call it that. For instance, I wouldn't mind getting up a hen party with ome of the FORT folks who've expressed an interest in going to Cedar Point, or hell, a few of us ladies have even BS'ed about Vegas...but the official thing should probably be once a year. By the way, John, maybe next time you could put out a hint and those who are able might volunteer some spare change!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

yes, one time a year is plenty.

I've got vacation plans to Niagara in the spring...but if Fortcon were to be in the Fall, I'd probably be able to manage it!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Yay Niagara!! I can't wait Texie
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Twice a year could be dangerous. Livers need recovery time ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I agree...you don't even have to call it that. For instance, I wouldn't mind getting up a hen par with ome of the FORT folks who've expressed an interest in going to Cedar Point, or hell, a few of us ladies have even BS'ed about Vegas...but the official thing should probably be once a year. By the way, John, maybe next time you could put out a hint and those who are able might volunteer some spare change!
    This could be a neat idea! How about a "local" FORT "happy Hour" instead of a conference. Then all you cash could be spend on booze!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Yay Niagara!! I can't wait Texie
    Sounds like fun!

For any of you that can't wait until next year for Vegas, a few dozen of The Amazing Race alumni will be there to celebrate the premiere of show #6. We'd love to meet y'all to shoot the breeze about the show.The racers love getting together to compare notes as a lot of us have become fast friends. I'll let you all know the specifics soon if there's interest.

+ Reply to Thread